Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spiced Apple Oatmeal

tastey tuesday, tasty tuesday, healthy recipes, clean eating recipes, healthy eating, clean eating, oatmeal, spiced apple oatmeal

Who doesn't love a nice hot bowl of Oatmeal first thing in the morning? 

Oatmeal is a normally used a breakfast food and yes it is healthy way to start your day, but Oatmeal is not just a breakfast food!! I make oatmeal at all times of day and today I had it for lunch!! It tastes just as good as Breakfast time!!

This tasty food is high in fiber which can keep you feeling full longer. Another bonus, is it is also relatively low in calories as long as you don't load it up with sugar. 

My Oatmeal for lunch today was just so darn good I had to share the tasty recipe with you all!


Spiced Apple Oatmeal

tastey tuesday, tasty tuesday, healthy recipes, clean eating recipes, healthy eating, clean eating, oatmeal, spiced apple oatmeal

Ingredients...
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
3 cup granola
2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 a small apple, diced

Directions...
1. In a large container with lid or zippered plastic bag combine all ingredients except apple and mix to combine (I put in a container, closed the lid, and then shook it around to combine - you can do the same in a zipper bag)
2. Measure 3/4 cup of combined mixture and add to a bowl along with 1 cup water. Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Top with sliced apples
OR
if you prefer the stove, bring 1 cup water to a boil over high heat and then add 3/4 cup of combined mixture and stir. Remove from heat and let stand for 5-10 minutes. 
Last but not least ENJOY at any time of day!!

As mentioned Oatmeal is so darn good for you I also wanted to share some of its benefits.


tastey tuesday, tasty tuesday, healthy recipes, clean eating recipes, healthy eating, clean eating, oatmeal, spiced apple oatmeal, benefits of  oatmeal, flax seed


If you are interested in more healthy recipes for you and/or your family please feel free to check out my Eat Clean Recipes section. Also if you are interested in cleaning up your eating habits or getting started eating healthier feel free to CONTACT ME and possibly be a member in my next healthy eating group. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.  Let me help you do the same!! 


Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson




Post a Comment