Sunday, March 2, 2014

21 day Fix Meal Planning and More WEEK 2

Amazing how times flies by right?!?! I mean hello we are already  in the month of March and soon we will be "Springing forward" and then it will be time for Easter and goodness soon Summer!! By the way after this winter we are having I am VERY EXCITED even more than usual for summer.  I love summer, it is my favorite time of year. Spending time outside, at the beach, the warm weather (even when it is blistery hot I much rather it over cold), the sunshine, ahh I love it all!! 


summer, 21 day fix, get fit, get healthy, summer bodies, bikini ready


Sorry I digress, see that happens when I talk about SUMMER!! 

21 day fix, 21 day fix week 1, fitinspiration
WEEK 1 of the 21 day Fix officially Completed!
Yes time if flying by and what I also cannot believe it that I am already finished with one whole week of the 21 Day Fix.  I have to be honest I wasn't sure if this program would be challenging enough for me. The moves seemed simple enough when I watched the promo videos. I thought I would get bored.  Me and Bored do not go together well when it comes to fitness because then I will have no desire to get my rear out of bed at 5am each morning to get it done.  Well let me tell you, I am pleasantly surprised by the 21 day fix.  The 21 day fix is plenty challenging.  Truly no matter what fitness level you are at, you can benefit from this program.  What I LOVE about it, is that even as you progress you can continue to challenge yourself. Push a little harder, add more weight, increase your reps - there are a ton of possibilities.  What is also nice is the length of the workouts and the program.  So you have 30 minute workouts daily but the kicker is the program is only 21 days in length.  Three weeks that is it! Say you need to step it up a notch because you have a big event coming up (oh say like a cruise - woot woot, that will be in 3 weeks!!) you can get your FIX ON!!

The results that are coming in after just one week from the other 21 day fix participants is off the charts. 10 pounds, 3 pounds, 6 pounds, inches lost, more energy, feeling good about themselves - all of these are huge successes!! 

Now the 21 day fix is not only about the workouts, the other key component and the main reason why I wanted to give the fix a GO is the color coded portion control containers. 

21 day fix, 21 day fix portion control, 21 day fix color coded containers
the real deal!! these are my containers!!


21 day fix, 21 day fix meal planning, 21 day fix portion control, 21 day fix color coded containers



It amazes me how much food can fit into these containers!! I thought at first they looked really small but TRUST ME, a whole lot of food fits into these!! My first few days figuring out my meal plan incorporating the containers took me a bit longer than my normal meal planning. This week though it was just like any other week. It is amazing what a few days can do!!

The 21 day fix comes with an Eating Plan book and it breaks down what foods fit into each category of containers. So literally the guess work is taken out of the equation for you. My biggest problem is getting the family to agree on what they want to eat the next week!! 

21 day fix, 21 day fix meal planning, 21 day fix portion control, 21 day fix color coded containers, 21 day fix red container
































I try as best I can to plan mine and my husbands meals the same as our kids. Usually for lunch the kids do something different lately because I have been all about soup (again this cold winter has me trying to find warmth wherever I can get it). I look forward to the day when the kids eat soup too but we are still working on that one. 

Here are a few examples of some of our meals:

21 day fix, 21 day fix meal planning, 21 day fix portion control, 21 day fix color coded containers, 21 day fix meals

21 day fix, 21 day fix meal planning, 21 day fix portion control, 21 day fix color coded containers, 21 day fix meals

21 day fix, 21 day fix meal planning, 21 day fix portion control, 21 day fix color coded containers, 21 day fix meals, healthy snacks, healthy snacks for kids















Week 1 is done and now onto Week 2!!
How I like to prepare for my weeks is to meal plan and so today I did just that. Here is a peak into my week of FOOD!! Oh how I love thee...

21 day fix, 21 day fix meal planning, 21 day fix portion control, 21 day fix color coded containers, meal planning
A little tidbit of info is that I am currently doing this 21 day fix program directly with one of my challenge groups. We are all following the plan, supporting, motivating, and helping one another. New things can sometimes be hard in the beginning so that is another reason why I love the support of these types of challenge groups. We are all doing it together!! 

Tomorrow I am also getting ready to kick off another 21 day Fix group.  I told you this program is no joke and it is perfect for so many.  If you are interested in learning more about this program or want to take part in a 21 day Fix group please CONTACT ME and I will help you get set up.  


21 day fix, 21 day fix meal planning, 21 day fix portion control, 21 day fix color coded containers, 21 days to form a habit


Remember this, the 21 day FIX is not a quick fix - the changes you will make if you choose to make them can help you get healthy and stay healthy for the rest of your life.  You cannot snap your fingers and instantly the weight will be gone. You cannot continue to eat the way you do now and expect to see the results so many others are achieving. You have to WANT the changes!!

21 day fix, 21 day fix meal planning, 21 day fix portion control, 21 day fix color coded containers, there is no magic pill

I also don't expect you to give up all your favorite foods, come on lets get real! 
You would not be a happy camper!! But this program and I will help you learn you can still have your chocolate and wine in moderation!! Yes there will be foods you cut back on and hopefully eliminate down the road but I am all about baby steps. WHY? because those small steps stick and help you get to that bigger better goal!! 

Getting started can be hard but that is where I come in because I will walk you through it all. All I ask is you keep an open mind and look forward to a healthier lifestyle! 
So will you join me in your 21 Day Fix journey?

courage, strength, faith, everything will be alright


Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson



@alysonhorcher - Instagram
@alysonhorch - Twitter

Post a Comment