Friday, April 4, 2014

21 day Fix 3 Day Fix

simplicity, make being healthy simple, 21 day fix, 21 day 3 day fixAnyone else need simplicity in their life?


Both my hands are raised!! Goodness I always thought stay at home moms got to chill during the days, watch TV, hang out with friends, etc. and oh boy was I wrong!! I find myself struggling this week to keep it all together. My to do list is always a mile long and as most women do I rarely say NO when asked to do something. BUT I always find a way to get it all done and I do that by prioritizing!! 

I also want to make sure I am present in the lives of my family so SIMPLICITY is key for me! It is also something I struggle with so when I hear of ways to make my life simpler I am ALL OVER THEM!! and so this brings me to the 21 Day Fix Program that was released in February 2014!! 

simplicity, make being healthy simple, 21 day fix, 21 day 3 day fix, color coded portion control containers, 30 minute workouts, simple fitness, simple nutrition


How many of you have found losing weight to be stressful and overwhelming? Have you tried every weight loss gimmick out there? diets? Ab rollers? etc? 

here is a little secret for you...
Keep it Simple - eat healthy foods in the right portion sizes and get a good workout in!! 

If you are not sure where to start or are feeling lost with what you are currently doing, have no fear...I am here to help guide you and help you reach success!!

simplicity, make being healthy simple, 21 day fix, 21 day 3 day fix, color coded portion control containers, 30 minute workouts, simple fitness, simple nutritionLet me introduce you to a simple program called the 21 day Fix. For 21 days you follow the plan and every day brings you ONE STEP CLOSER to your goal!!  You can repeat the 21 day fix as often as you like or only do the one round - totally up to you!! It's about balance that you can maintain LONG TERM - I don't want to teach you something that is only good for the here and now! We are talking changes that can and will last a lifetime if you are willing to learn the basic principles. 

The Workouts are only 30 minutes which means you can be EFFECTIVE with your time instead of spending an hour+ fitting in a workout. 
If you want to read more in depth about the 21 day fix please CLICK HERE!

Today though I don't want to tell you all about the 21 day fix, instead I want to spotlight something extra with the 21 Day Fix...the 3 Day Fix

simplicity, make being healthy simple, 21 day fix, 21 day 3 day fix, color coded portion control containers, 30 minute workouts, simple fitness, simple nutrition

What is the 3 day Fix?

The 3 day fix is Autumn Calabrese's (creator of the 21 day fix) secret weapon for losing weight fast before a competition or photo shoot (she is a professional bikini model). So for us lets think about weddings, reunions, big date, etc. All you need is 72 hours - that's it!! This 3 day fix is suggested during the last 3 days of the 21 day Fix workout program but you don't have to do it then. YOU can choose when you want to do it. For me, I am choosing to do it now because I overindulged last week when I was aboard the S.S. Beachbody Cruise!! 

simplicity, make being healthy simple, 21 day fix, 21 day 3 day fix, color coded portion control containers, 30 minute workouts, simple fitness, simple nutrition, S.S. Beachbody, Beachbody success club trip, coaching incentives
view from my balcony as we were leaving Grand Cayman
on board the S.S, Beachbody Success Club Cruise
The 3 day fix is a great way to "reset" your mind and body to rid yourself of a few bad habits liked OVEREATING!! This is not something you want to do longer than 3 days, but if done occasionally, it's a great way to lose a little weight fast.

As with any quick plan...it may not always be easy!! The key is to stay on track with your meals and drink plenty of WATER!!

You may or may not feel hungry during these 3 days, it differs among people. 

How does the 3 day fix work?

Space meals about 2 hours apart and if you are like me and often forget when to eat - use my trick...set your alarm on your phone as a reminder!!

Autumn recommends eating steamed veggies like broccoli, asparagus, green beans, zucchini, cucumber, and bell peppers!! Eat em up!! Fresh is best but if you need even more simplicity go for the frozen veggies in Steamer bags.  

NO SALT!! If you need a seasoning use lemon and lime juice, vinegars, and spices. 

If you need more flavor in your oatmeal you can use cinnamon, nutmeg or one packet of stevia. 

Water - Drink at least one gallon of water a day!! This will help keep you full while you flush out the toxins from your system.

Extra Virgin Coconut oil - you will be drinking this with each meal.  You of course want this in liquid form. 

Coffee or tea is okay to drink but avoid creamers and sweeteners with the exception of stevia.

Stick to your regular workout schedule! 

As mentioned I will be doing this 3 day fix this week and here is my meal plan that includes it. I will be doing the 3 day fix Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

simplicity, make being healthy simple, 21 day fix, 21 day 3 day fix, color coded portion control containers, 30 minute workouts, meal planning


















If you want just a basic example of what you need to follow here it is spelled out for you: 

Meal 1: (YELLOW) Steel cut oatmeal (cooked) (RED) Egg whites and 1 spoon of E.V. coconut oil.

Meal 2: 1 (RED) grilled chicken and 1 (YELLOW) steamed yams

Meal 3: 1 (RED) steamed fish and 1(GREEN) steamed veggies

Meal 4: 1 (RED) grilled chicken and 1 (GREEN) steamed veggies and 1 spoon of E.V. coconut oil.

Meal 5: 1 (RED) Steamed fish and 1 (GREEN) steamed veggies and 1 spoon of E.V. coconut oil.

Meal 6: 1 (RED) ground extra lean turkey 1 (GREEN) steamed veggies and 1 spoon of E.V. Coconut oil.

Repeat for 3 days! 

Easy enough right? 
I love having a plan laid out for me so it is simple to follow and implement!! 


simplicity, make being healthy simple, 21 day fix, 21 day 3 day fix, color coded portion control containers, 30 minute workouts

In addition to the 21 Day Fix 3 day Fix I also host monthly 21 Day Fix health and fitness groups. If you are interested in this program I invite you to join me this month!! 

MESSAGE ME to get started or to learn more!! 

Ready to get your FIX on? 

simplicity, make being healthy simple, 21 day fix, 21 day 3 day fix, color coded portion control containers, 30 minute workouts, fitness motivation, fitness inspiration

Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson

21 day fix


@alysonhorcher - Instagram

Post a Comment