Friday, March 1, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I was looking for new clean snack ideas and let me tell you how excited I was when I came across this one - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!!! Hello, you had me at Pumpkin but then to add in the other two buzz words "chocolate" and "muffin", I thought I was on the wrong website.  Nope, it was clean alright - it came from cleaneatingonline.com.  If you are new to clean eating, this is a website to check out if you need ideas on where to get started.  Another way to check out clean eating is to join my next Shakeology and Clean Eating Group.  If you are interested CONTACT ME so you can grab your spot.  

Okay lets talk about these muffins....


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


Ingredients...

3/4 cup demerara, turbinado, or sucanant sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs (next batch I will try 4 egg whites)
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Directions...
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place paper liners in muffin pan and spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. Mix sugar, unsweetened applesauce, and eggs together in a medium bowl.  Add pumpkin and water and mix again.
3.  In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.  
4.  Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix just until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.
5.  Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.  Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.

Yields - 12 muffins

Check out my other Clean Eating Recipes HERE.  and again if you are interested in my next 30 day Shakeology and Clean Eating Group, please CONTACT ME.




Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

~Alyson

@alysonhorcher - Instagram
@alysonhorch - Twitter





Post a Comment