Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Carrots

Life as we know it is hectic so why not make it a little easier and USE a CROCK POT!!
I saw this recipe on a friend's blog and it spoke to me -
Chicken... Check
Sweet Potatoes...Check (my new favorite)
Carrots...Check (my kids' favorite vegetable)

So I figured if it sounded this good it probably tastes great too and I was right!! We had this for dinner tonight and it was so darn yummy!! I made a few modifications to the original recipe that my friend had posted but the end result was PERFECT!! The chicken and vegetables were so tender from the crock pot! The only thing I would try differently next time is to lessen the amount of chili powder I use to 1/2 teaspoon.  My kids said the vegetables were too hot (although they still ate them!)


Crock Pot Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Carrots

Ingredients...
3 large sweet potatoes, cut into thick pieces
5 large carrots, chopped into large pieces
1 large onion, chopped
4 chicken breasts (or tonight I used 8 chicken breast tenders)
2 cans reduced sodium chicken broth (can add another 1/2 can if you prefer a more stew-like dinner)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)

Directions...
1. Place chicken and vegetables in crock pot.
2. Add in chicken broth, tomato paste, garlic ,soy sauce, and chili powder and stir.
3.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is fork tender.

Enjoy!!
Tonight I served this dish with a side of Quinoa and brown rice medley and a side of steamed broccoli.

Serves 4


Interested in more Healthy & Clean Eating Recipes? 
Need ideas how to get started eating healthy?  


Join my next challenge group and I will help educate you about the principles or clean eating, how to grocery shop for healthy foods while staying on budget, how to incorporate Shakeology into your daily menu, share healthy recipes, and so much more.


If you are interested in being a member of this group, please MESSAGE ME to hold you a spot in the group.  Space is limited as I like to keep my groups small so it is a more personal setting.  Any questions please feel free to ask or leave a comment below.  

Now is the time to learn how to 
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and we will do it 
Together!!!!
~Alyson



@alysonhorcher - on Instagram
@alysonhorch - on Twitter



Post a Comment