Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Italian Wedding Soup

I think you know by now that I love good tasting yummy food!! 

Italian wedding soup, clean eating Italian wedding soup, healthy Italian wedding soup, www.alysonhorcher.com,alysonhorcher@gmail.com, https://www.facebook.com/FitHappyHealthyTogether/, hungry?, eat healthy food, don't deprive yourself, healthy eating 80 20 ruleAn added bonus is that the food is HEALTHY TOO!! 


Yeah yeah I know not all the things I like to eat are healthy but I would say 80-90% of it is. I am in total agreement with the 80/20 rule for healthy eating!! I do like an occasional piece of chocolate, cookie, pizza, or cake and guess what I am totally okay with eating it!! No guilt, no over exercising, no nothing but simple enjoyment. 

I have found when I follow the 80/20 rule I don't get the feeling of deprivation. That feeling is DANGEROUS and will set you up for failure if you let it in!! 

Italian wedding soup, clean eating Italian wedding soup, healthy Italian wedding soup, www.alysonhorcher.com,alysonhorcher@gmail.com, https://www.facebook.com/FitHappyHealthyTogether/, hungry?, eat healthy food, don't deprive yourself, healthy eating 80 20 rule


In order to live a healthier lifestyle we need to be following a nutrition plan that is going to fit our goals and our lifestyle.  I eat what I want and 80% of the time I choose healthy!! But don't let me fool you...I didn't always eat 80% healthy foods.  I had to teach myself how to eat healthy and I did it via a health and fitness group on FACEBOOK!! I know who would have thought right? 

Well I came here tonight to share with you a recipe and so I will get off my soap box but I leave you with this one last thought....when venturing into the 20% area - moderation and portion sizes are KEY!!

Okay  now let me share with you that Italian Wedding Soup Recipe

Italian wedding soup, clean eating Italian wedding soup, healthy Italian wedding soup, www.alysonhorcher.com,alysonhorcher@gmail.com, https://www.facebook.com/FitHappyHealthyTogether/, hungry?, eat healthy food, don't deprive yourself, healthy eating 80 20 rule
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
Ingredients...
1 pound ground turkey breast
1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1 tablespoon EVOO
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
8 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 15 ounce can cannelinni beans
4-6 cups chopped mixed greens (kale, spinach, chard, etc.)

Directions...
Meatballs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2. Combine Turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Shape mixture into small meatballs (~1 tablespoon or so each) to make approximately 36 meatballs.
3. Place meatballs on a lightly coated baking sheet in the oven for 20-25 minutes
4. When finished cooking, remove from oven and place off to the side 
Note: this can be done ahead of time if needed

Soup 
1. Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a large soup pot over medium heat. 
2. Add onion, celery, and carrots, and cook stirring until onion is translucent ~ 8-10 minutes
3. Stir in broth, beans, greens, and finished meatballs.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook until vegetables are tender ~25-30 minutes

Italian wedding soup, clean eating Italian wedding soup, healthy Italian wedding soup, www.alysonhorcher.com,alysonhorcher@gmail.com, https://www.facebook.com/FitHappyHealthyTogether/, hungry?, eat healthy food, don't deprive yourself, healthy eating 80 20 rule
Enjoy because this soup was delicious!! 
Tonight is was dreary and snowing and oh my some nice warm soup to warm the soul was perfect!!

I also have to give credit to my friend Leeann - I saw Italian Wedding soup on her meal plan this week and I totally had to have it too. So a HUGE THANK YOU TO LEEANN for inspiring me to try out a new recipe!! 

Italian wedding soup, clean eating Italian wedding soup, healthy Italian wedding soup, www.alysonhorcher.com,alysonhorcher@gmail.com, https://www.facebook.com/FitHappyHealthyTogether/, hungry?, eat healthy food, don't deprive yourself, healthy eating 80 20 rule


If you are interested in more healthy recipes or maybe even learning how to eat healthy, CONTACT ME and I can help you get started. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.


Click here to get more information about 
my next group!!

Have a fabulous week!!

My passion and my goal is to help others to learn 
how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!


www.alysonhorcher.com, tasty tuesday, healthy eating, clean eating, healthy recipes, clean recipes, lenten meals, meat free meals, 3 day refresh, veggie stir fry, healthy lifestyle, beachbody coach, looking for a beachbody coach


Post a Comment