Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Easy Homemade Granola Bars

I have been searching for new recipes that I would enjoy but also my kid's would enjoy too. 

and, as you know I like healthy recipes!! 
My problem was though many granola bar recipes contain nuts and I am finding out I cannot eat certain nuts so my search continued...

I came across a version of homemade granola bars that looked appealing to me but little did I know with a few tweaks it would turn out to be FAMILY HIT!! 

Check out this easy, delicious, and oh so nutritious 
easy Homemade Granola Bar recipe

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, Homemade granola bars, healthy snacks, kid friend healthy snacks

Ingredients...
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup milk or almond milk (I use regular milk as I can no longer have anything with almonds)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 


Directions...
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray. 
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and use the back of a spoon or spatula (or hands) to help spread evenly in the pan. Press down firmly to make sure it is packed in there good. 
4. Bake for 20 -25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool ~10 minutes before cutting.
6. Cut into bars/squares whatever you like and serve. 

Makes approximately ~9bars/squares

Last but not least - enjoy because they taste sooo good 
and are good for you too!! 

{key though - stick to your portion - 1 to 2 bars/squares}

Homemade granola bars, healthy snacks, kid friend healthy snacks, share this recipe




If you are interested in more healthy recipes or maybe even learning how to eat healthy, CONTACT ME and I can help you get started. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.



Click here to get more information about 
my next group!!

Have a fabulous week!!

My passion and my goal is to help others to learn 
how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!


www.alysonhorcher.com, tasty tuesday, healthy eating, clean eating, healthy recipes, clean recipes, lenten meals, meat free meals, 3 day refresh, veggie stir fry, healthy lifestyle, beachbody coach, looking for a beachbody coach











Post a Comment