Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Grilled Salmon

www.alysonhorcher.com, grilled salmon, clean eating grilled salmon, healthy eating, clean eating, clean eating salmon recipes, healthy salmon recipes, ultimate reset recipes, grilled salmon recipes
My family loves seafood and well me,  not so much. 

Until now...

I have tried here and there seafood dishes over the years but I never really cared for anything I tried. 

WELL I am not one to give up and I believe there is a recipe out there for everyone. So I have made it my mission to find seafood recipes that I enjoy. It is a slow process but we are making progress which to me is incredible. My family is quite happy as well since they all love seafood!! Lucky for them I love to eat and I love to eat healthy foods and as you know seafood (the right kind) is ranked high on the healthy eating list! 

www.alysonhorcher.com, grilled salmon, clean eating grilled salmon, healthy eating, clean eating, clean eating salmon recipes, healthy salmon recipes, ultimate reset recipes, grilled salmon recipes

Back to my family - they LOVE salmon and so far all the recipes I tried have been WAY TOO fishy tasting for me. I was told by my father-in-law to try a recipe where lemon was used in the marinade. I searched and found this Baked Salmon recipe from the Ultimate Reset (which I have not done yet) and it looked yummy enough to try PLUS it included lemon. Instead of baking we grilled so I renamed it Grilled Salmon!!

well let me tell you I wish I would have taken a picture of this delicious dish BUT I was so nervous about trying it I forgot so...next time! 

www.alysonhorcher.com, grilled salmon, clean eating grilled salmon, healthy eating, clean eating, clean eating salmon recipes, healthy salmon recipes, ultimate reset recipes, grilled salmon recipes, sea isle city New Jersey

That morning my husband went to the fresh fish market (lucky for us we were at the beach for the weekend!) He prepared the marinade and let the fish set for a few hours. Later after a long day on the beach we got the grill out and cooked that fish. 

Here is the recipe we used:

GRILLED SALMON
Ingredients...
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoon EVOO
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
½ teaspoon herbal seasoning
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon. chopped fresh parsley
1 6-oz. salmon fillet
(enough for one serving)

Directions...
1. In a medium bowl,  mix garlic, EVOO, basil, salt, seasoning, lemon juice, and
parsley (adjust quantities of each ingredient if making more than one serving)
2. Place salmon in a medium baking dish and cover with marinade. 
3. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
4. Cook on grill over medium heat until easily flaked with fork ~ 10 minutes per side

Thankful I finally found a salmon recipe I liked! There was no fishy taste about this one!!

Another example of why it is so important to NOT GIVE UP!! 

www.alysonhorcher.com, grilled salmon, clean eating grilled salmon, healthy eating, clean eating, clean eating salmon recipes, healthy salmon recipes, ultimate reset recipes, grilled salmon recipes, don't give up

Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY LIfe 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson



Post a Comment