Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Stuffed Peppers

Another Tasty Recipe coming your way this week. 
This recipe is from a dear friend of mine. We had it one evening a while ago when we went to visit them at their house. I have been wanting to give the recipe a try myself as I tried a few other stuff pepper recipes but this one was my favorite.  I did alter the recipe a bit but the flavor is still the same and it is oh so delicious! Best of all it is all good for your ingredients too so it can be put in my healthy recipe box!! 




Ingredients...
4 large bell peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped finely
1 small zucchini, chopped finely
1 garlic clove, minced
Sea Salt
ground black pepper
1 pound ground turkey
1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped finely
1 teaspoon fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions...
1. Cut the bell peppers lengthwise in half and remove the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers in a pot of boiling water, reduce heat to medium and simmer ~ 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside. 
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown ground Turkey until cooked through.  Remove turkey from skillet and set aside.
4. To the same skillet, add the onion and cook until softened, ~ 5 minutes. Add zucchini, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste and cook until veggies are tender, ~5 minutes.   Stir in 1/2 cup tomato sauce, cover and simmer for 10 minutes
5. Remove mixture from heat and add cooked ground turkey, parsley, and basil - mix well.
6. Stuff each pepper half with mixture and place in shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan Cheese
7. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until cheese is melted and tops are slightly browned. While baking, heat the remaining tomato sauce in a small saucepan.
8. Serve peppers with a tablespoon of sauce on top.

Enjoy!!

healthy eating, meal planning, healthy habits, create healthy habits, tastey tuesday, support, accountability, motivationAs you know I am all about eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle.  The food we eat is so very important to how our bodies function.  I don't know about you but I want my body in tip top shape so I can enjoy as much of life as I can.  There was a time in my life when healthy wasn't a priority of mine, I thought it was but I wasn't doing anything to achieve it. I am thankful I had a friend who was supportive and knowledgeable and helped me learn how best to fuel my body and she got me on the path of HEALTHY! Now it is just something I do and now I also love helping others find their way to a healthy lifestyle as well.  If you are one of those people who wants to live a healthier lifestyle then please lets talk.  Like I said I was once there too and know it can be hard, that first step always is but let me take some of the burden off of your shoulders.    

                                                       
If you are interested in more healthy recipes or maybe even learning how to eat healthy CONTACT ME and I can help you get started. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.



Click here to get more information about 
my next group!!

Have a fabulous week!!

My passion and my goal is to help others to learn 
how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!


www.alysonhorcher.com, tasty tuesday, healthy eating, clean eating, healthy recipes, clean recipes, lenten meals, meat free meals, 3 day refresh, veggie stir fry, healthy lifestyle, beachbody coach, looking for a beachbody coach