Friday, February 14, 2014

Mexican Quiche

Finding new healthy recipes has become something I love to do! I get bored very easily so adding in a new recipe or two or three each week keeps me on my toes in the kitchen.  Yes I hear quite often from others they don't have time to cook, well neither do I!! BUT making healthy dinners is a priority for me and my family and so I make the time to COOK!! 


healthy eating, healthy eating recipes, clean eating, clean eating recipes, alyson horcher, meal planning, healthy eating for kids

and so, here you have another yummy recipe that is full of color and flavor!! If you recall we have chickens with our neighbors so fresh eggs are constantly in our refrigerator. I try every now and then to spice up the eggs and that is how I came upon this recipe for Mexican Quiche!! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!


healthy eating, healthy eating recipes, clean eating, clean eating recipes, alyson horcher, meal planning, healthy eating for kids, Mexican Quiche
Yes that is ME and I love to COOK!!

Ingredients...
4 6-inch whole wheat tortillas
2 teaspoon EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 small garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
5 eggs, lightly beaten
2 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded and divided

Directions...
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Place tortillas in a 9-inch pie dish in a single layer and up sides of plate to form a crust. 
Bake until browned ~ 5 to 6 minutes; set aside.
3. in a 9-inch skillet brown turkey. Once done add in bell pepper, onion, chili powder, and garlic and cook over medium-high heat stirring occasionally until veggies are tender. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in 1 tablespoon cilantro, lime or lemon juice, and cumin. Add eggs and stir to combine.
5. Sprinkle 1 ounce cheese over prepared tortilla crust.
6. Spread meat mixture over cheese and top with remaining cheese and cilantro.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is set

Makes 8 servings

If you are interested in more healthy recipes or maybe even learning how to eat healthy CONTACT ME and I can help you get started. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.

Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson


@alysonhorcher - Instagram
Post a Comment