Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Morsels and Toasted Pecans

healthy eating, healthy snacks, clean eating, clean snacks
Who doesn't love cookies?   Well I guess not everyone does but my Horcher clan sure enjoys them! The only problem though is that most store/bakery bought cookies contain all kinds of junk. Well today I am sharing with you a cookie recipe that is not only a healthy recipe but also is in a Fitness Nutrition Plan called the 21 Day Fix (for more details about the Fix - click here). In this program you follow a workout program but you also learn proper portion control by using a color coded container system. Needless to say I am very thankful for the program because these cookies are GREAT!! 


So, here you go a new recipe to add to your recipe box!!


Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Morsels and Toasted Pecans


healthy eating, healthy snacks, clean eating, clean snacks, 21 day fix snacks
Ingredients...
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1/4 cup toasted raw pecans, chopped

Directions...
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Lightly coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, set aside
3. In a medium bowl combine oats, cinnamon, and salt; mix well
4. Add applesauce, morsels, and pecans; mix well
5. Drop 1 tablespoon of mixture onto prepared baking sheet, flatten with back of spoon
6. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until firm

These cookies were a perfect snack for myself and my family!!
We all loved them which is always a huge bonus!! I did find that they were still a bit gooey after the bake time but as I let them sit out they got harder. 

and if you are following the 21 Day Fix program, in the 21 Day Fix Eating Plan Guide 2 cookies is equal to 1 yellow container. 

healthy eating, healthy snacks, clean eating, clean snacks, 21 day fix eating plan


Well last but not least enjoy and please let me know what your thoughts are!! 

If you are interested in more healthy recipes or maybe even learning how to eat healthy CONTACT ME and I can help you get started. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.

Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson


@alysonhorcher - Instagram



Post a Comment