Monday, January 20, 2014

Clean Eating Crock Pot Sloppy Joe


When I found a Clean eating recipe for Sloppy Joes I was so excited!   Then I found a crock pot version and well you had me at Crock Pot!! I love the crock pot. Despite what some people think of stay-at-home moms I am quite a busy lady and never do I find myself bored or a minute to spare. There is always something going on here at the Horcher house!! With that being said the crock pot is my favorite because I can throw the recipe together in no time and have it cooking for me. HUGE time saver!!

I bring you...

Crock Pot Sloppy Joe


Ingredients...
1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce, no sugar added
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 small onion chopped
1 medium green bell pepper chopped
1 medium red bell pepper chopped


Directions...
1. Mix all ingredients in crock pot, stir
2. Cook on low for 8 hours of high for 4 hours

Yep, its that easy!!

Tonight this is what we had for dinner and it was delicious!! We served the sloppy joe on thin whole wheat buns, a side of Sweet Potato Fries, and spinach salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette. 

See eating healthy, eating clean really can be easy.  This whole meal cost me less than $10 to make and less than a half hour to prepare. It fed our family of four and we have plenty of leftovers. 



If you are interested in more healthy recipes or maybe even learning how to eat healthy CONTACT ME and I can help you get started. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.

Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson



@alysonhorcher - Instagram

Post a Comment