Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Sweet Potatoes never entered our home until I started Eating Clean. Now I am always looking for new recipes that involve Sweet Potatoes - Clean Eating recipes of course.  

Here is one of my latest and I have got to say, I am in love!!!!

It took every ounce of willpower (and the help of my husband) to keep myself from eating the whole pan of these delicious Fries...Yes FRIES!!!! Who knew you could eat healthy and still eat FRIES!!!! Well these are not your typical deep fried soaked with oil type of fries.  These are EVEN BETTER!!!!  They are so delicious you will not even miss the ketchup!!

If you are not a fan of Sweet Potatoes or you have not really eaten much of them before, you have got to try this recipe.  It is soooo goood!

BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES





Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch long slices, then 1/4 inch wide strips
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or tin foil
3. In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and then add spices and mix until all pieces are coated
4.  Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd
5. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes

Serves 4

New to clean eating? New to healthy eating?  Join me in my new 30 day shakeology and clean eating challenge group.  I teach you all you need to know about healthy eating the clean eating way and I provide you with support, motivation, and help you reach your healthy lifestyle goals (i.e. lose weight, gain energy, improve regularity, decrease blood pressure, etc.) 

MESSAGE ME for more information regarding my 30 day group or if you are interested in working one on one with me.  




Get fit, Get Happier, and Get Healthy
~Alyson


alysonhorcher.blogspot.com
beachbodycoach.com/alysonh
myshakeology.com/alysonh
facebook.com/alysonhorcher
Post a Comment