Sunday, April 14, 2013

Family Fun Weekend at our Happy Place



This weekend my family and I were lucky enough to be offered to stay at a family member's Jersey Shore house. The Jersey Shore is so very special to my husband and I - it is where we met, where we got engaged, where we went right after our wedding, where we would spend weekend after weekend during the summer months (and sometimes winter months too)  and now we are creating new memories with our children. Our kids call the shore the BeachShore - my husband calls is the shore and I call it the beach so our son combined the two a few years ago and termed it the BeachShore.  Now we all use the term, love it, and it always brings a smile to our faces.  We love going to the BeachShore and even if it is cold outside we always make our way to the beach (try to avoid the water with the kids, however one always seems to get wet) and enjoy our time together. 







The BeachShore is the one place that I am able to truly relax, I have always called it my Happy Place.  This weekend I wasn't disappointed - I relaxed, took naps, took walks on the beach, playe

d in the sand, went for ice cream, and played board games.  Our son has gotten pretty good at playing checkers!!



So while away from home we still stay on track with our healthy eating. We bring food with us or the necessary items to make what we had initially planned.  Here were some of our healthy meals...




Breakfast at the Beachshore!!

Homemade healthy Pancakes with fresh fruit and yogurt!! Even while away from home you can still eat healthy - its your choice!!







Dinner - clean eating for the whole family!
Home made turkey burgers, sweet potato fries, and carrots




Turkey Meatloaf, cauliflower, broccoli, and green beans




and then of course getting our exercise in is just as important 
as eating healthy - 
Beautiful day at the beachshore!! 
A little chilly but plenty of sand to play!!


Then it was time to say goodbye and head back to reality, a.k.a HOME!! 
I look forward to sleeping in my own bed but I know my dreams will be filled with time spent at the BeachShore.  My Ultimate Goal is to one day buy our very own BeachShore home so we can go whenever we want!!

So in addition to my fun filled weekend with my family, I still did my normal Sunday night duty and that was make my meal plan for the week.  If I don't have a plan in place I am more likely to stray - just being honest!! 

Here it is...


This meal plan is unlike most of my others - it has a lot of question marks for the upcoming weekend.  I will be spending the weekend with friends from College at a Spa and I will be taking some food with me but I do plan on having a full on pampering weekend so that means I want people to wait on  me and cook for me.  I plan on staying on track and choosing healthy options.


Would you too like to choose to be healthy?  
If you are interested in learning how to incorporate healthy eating and exercise into your daily regime contact me.  I am a BeachBody Coach and I help others achieve their health and fitness goals.  
It is my job to motivate and inspire people to CHOOSE HEALTHY.  
It is your CHOICE - what will you CHOOSE? 

Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

~Alyson

Follow Me - @alysonhorcher - Instagram
Follow Me - @alysonhorch - Twitter



  


Post a Comment