Monday, September 19, 2016

Meal Planning for a successful Week!!

BLAH - that is what life has been like lately or should I say a BLUR!!

So much has been going on and most days I feel like I am barely staying afloat!!

You know what I mean?

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, busy mom, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, healthy recipes, clean eating recipes, how to meal plan, healthy dinnersIf there were only more hours in the day or at least one more of me!
Between working my 9-5 job, beachbody coaching, mom of 2 very involved kids, housework, volunteering, head chef at the Horcher house (only chef really!) and I am sure I could add a few more jobs onto the list but I think you get my point. I know I am not alone with the overcrowded schedule as this is how most of us live our lives anymore.



The good news is that there are a few tips and tricks I have learned and many I plan on continuing to learn that help me get it all done and well through it all....

First that has been my saving grace for quite some time - MEAL PLANNING and PREPPING for the week ahead. Let's face it - we all need to eat and drink to survive yet I know so many that forego eating because they are too busy. I also know many that REALLY want to eat healthier but say they don't have time to cook healthy meals. Meal planning and prepping helps me take care of both of these excuses!! YEEESSSSSSS - at first it takes time to find and get into your groove but once you do MY GOODNESS you are golden.

When you have a plan in place and the food prepped and ready to go it makes running out the door on time (or GAH - EARLIER!) easier. It also makes running home and warm up and eat a healthy dinner possible!!
www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, busy mom, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, healthy recipes, clean eating recipes, how to meal plan, healthy dinners
lunch today at work

This is how it worked in my house yesterday...
Let me back up when we arrived home late Saturday evening after being gone for a week..
Sunday came and piles of laundry had to be done, our fridge was empty, we were all tired, luggage and more was scattered all over our downstairs. I knew what I had to get done though and so I got started -
Step 1: The meal Plan
Step 2: Grocery shopping
Step 3: Cook food
Step 4: Portion Food
 and in between did my other daily duties as well but guess what I got it done.

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, busy mom, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, healthy recipes, clean eating recipes, how to meal plan, healthy dinners
meal plan for the week!!

Having a plan in place and food ready to go, meant putting our lunches together this morning was a breeze.
Coming home from work and then picking up kids I was able to quickly throw dinner on the stove to heat it up.
www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, busy mom, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, healthy recipes, clean eating recipes, how to meal plan, healthy dinners
some of our dinners prepped for the week

While dinner is heating I helped my kids with their homework. If I hadn't prepped our dinner I have no idea what we would have ate and I probably would not have had the time to help with homework.

Meal planning and prepping totally make my life easier and these days I will take whatever easy I can get!!
www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, busy mom, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, healthy recipes, clean eating recipes, how to meal plan, healthy dinners

So if you too would like to make life easier and healthier then we should totally talk!! I can help you get started but you gotta want to do it as I won't do it for you.

Cheers to a new week
www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, busy mom, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, healthy recipes, clean eating recipes, how to meal plan, healthy dinners

Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!



Post a Comment