Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Unstuffed Halupki Soup

Growing up a family favorite was Halupkis and my Mom Mom made the best!! Heck anything my Mom Mom made was fabulous!! It was good ole Home cooking from scratch. 

Family favorite recipes,  Unstuffed Halupki Soup, healthy homecooked meals, healthy soups, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www. alysonhorcher.com

I personally have never attempted to make halupkis but I always thought about it. I still might down the road. 

BUT the reason why I bring up my childhood love of my Mom Mom's halupkis is because this recipe I have to share with you today totally reminds me of them!! 

Unstuffed Halupki Soup
not my picture, but this is what it looked like!!
Next time I make it I'll have to remember a pic!!
Ingredients...
2 teaspoons EVOO
1 pound ground turkey
1 medium onion, diced 
1 cup water
1.5 cup beef stock
3 garlic cloves minced
1 medium head of cabbage, sliced and diced
1 28 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worchestire sauce
1 teaspoon dreid basil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cups uncooked brown rice

Directions...
1. In a large pot, add EVOO and ground turkey. Heat over medium heat until ground turkey has browed.  
2. Add in onion and sauté' until onion is slightly translucent
3. Add garlic and mix for about 1 minute. 
4. Next add to the large pot water, beef stock, tomato sauce, Worchestire sauce, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix. 
5. Add in cabbage and rice and bring to a boil. Then simmer for 20 minutes. 

Voila your Unstuffed Cabbage Soup is ready! 

After I tasted the finished product I knew for sure this recipe would be sticking around with us for quite some time!

Insert this one in the Recipe Box!! 

Not only does it taste great, hubby loves it too but it also reminds me of my Mom Mom - BONUS!!

If you are interested in more healthy recipes or maybe even learning how to eat healthy, CONTACT ME and I can help you get started. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.


Click here to get more information about 
my next group!!

Have a fabulous week!!

My passion and my goal is to help others to learn 
how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!


www.alysonhorcher.com, tasty tuesday, healthy eating, clean eating, healthy recipes, clean recipes, lenten meals, meat free meals, 3 day refresh, veggie stir fry, healthy lifestyle, beachbody coach, looking for a beachbody coach






Post a Comment