Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Ultimate Reset Week 2 Recap

What a week!! 
Even though I know this and I preach it this past week of the Ultimate Reset I was slapped in the face with how VERY IMPORTANT it is to PLAN and PREP meals for the week!! 

I have been meal planning for over 3 years now and this is the first week in a LONG time I did not have a written out meal plan...and it bit me in the rear!! 

See what is nice with the Ultimate Reset is the program provides you with a day by day detailed menu. Awesome right? 

Well you would think so!!  

I did think I could get by with only using the book's plan. What I realized is I really have adapted to having my full meal plan written out on paper ever so present in MY FACE!! 
Lesson Learned - the next week for sure I have a be written out meal plan!!

This would also be my suggestion for anyone who is thinking about or doing the Ultimate Reset - write it all out. Not only does it make life easier, then you don't have to carry your Ultimate Reset Program & Nutrition Guide around with you, plus makes grocery list and prepping much easier!! 

My struggle for the week was staying on track eating and taking my supplements when I was suppose to and I equate it to not having my meal plan prepared like I normally do.  

So enough of what didn't work for me this week, let's talk about what did work for me!!

First the Phase...
Phase 2 - RELEASE!!
www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase


During the release phase, you completely eliminate animal products, including dairy, eggs, and meat.  You transition to eating  more vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. 

Never in a million years did I think I would give up animal products!! BUT I DID and FEEL FANTASTIC!! 

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase, eat well feel swellEvery breakfast during the RELEASE phase contained fresh fruit. Mine typically was something I could eat on the go - apples, grapes, oranges, and pineapple. I'd have it all sliced and diced and ready to go (makes the morning madness that much easier!!)



A note about fresh fruit which I am sure we all know but I apparently needed the refresher! When adding fruit to your diet it is bet to limit it to 3 servings a day to avoid eating too much sugar. Even though the sugar found in fruit is natural and good for you, you can still overdo it and eat too much!! PORTION CONTROL!!

As I mentioned Phase 2 you are eating a ton of fruit and veggies!! Another tip is when picking produce - fruits and veggies - pick what's fresh, organic, and in season.  This way you'll be getting the MOST NUTRIENTS with minimal toxins.  Pretty simple right?

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase, eat more fruits and veggies


Phase 2 - RELEASE - also introduced a new supplement!! 
DETOX
This reminded me a lot of the FIBER SWEET from the 3 DAY REFRESH. 
Easy peasy chug chug chug!!

Here is a list of the supplement schedule for the Ultimate Reset Week 2!!
Having all the supplements as part of my daily nutrition, this is where if I had a meal plan in place on paper I could have incorporated the supplement schedule so I didn't miss anything...needless to say I missed a few here and there!! Again, lesson learned. 

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase, ultimate reset supplements, ultimate reset supplement schedule

Here is a breakdown of what these supplements are...

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase,ultimate reset supplements


you have to be careful with supplements because not all are natural. MANY contain chemicals that are doing no good for our bodies!! Thankfully with the Ultimate Reset we are not working with chemical laden supplements. 


Now my favorite part...the FOOD!! Oh my goodness I am in love with so many of these news recipes!! They taste so darn good and are pretty easy to make!! My family was a bit confused by all the veggies we were eating but by week's end it was just part of what we were eating!! 

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase, I love to cook, ultimate reset foods, ultimate reset meal planning, ultimate reset recipes, ultimate reset meals
I LOVE TO COOK - SERIOUSLY IT IS
NOW ONE OF MY FAVORITE ACTIVITIES TO DO!!

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase, , edamame and roasted corn succotash, lemon pepper kale, I love to cook, ultimate reset foods, ultimate reset meal planning, ultimate reset recipes, ultimate reset meals
EDAMAME AND ROASTED CORN SUCCOTASH &
LEMON PEPPER KALE

Loved the Edamame dish but the Lemon pepper kale was a bit too lemony for me. My husband devoured my portion and his though.  


www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase, zucchini cashew soup, miso soup, healthy baked sweet potato,I love to cook, ultimate reset foods, ultimate reset meal planning, ultimate reset recipes, ultimate reset meals
ZUCCHINI CASHEW SOUP,
MISO SOUP, & BAKED SWEET POTATO 
www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase, sweet potato and roasted red pepper bisque, Roasted asparagus, I love to cook, ultimate reset foods, ultimate reset meal planning, ultimate reset recipes, ultimate reset meals
SWEET POTATO AND ROASTED RED PEPPER BISQUE
AND ROASTED ASPARAGUS
The Sweet Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Bisque was a recipe I loved before the Ultimate Reset. It for sure does not disappoint. It also happened to be around the time when the air outside was getting a bit cooler so a warm flavorful soup was PERFECT!!

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase, I love to cook, ultimate reset foods, ultimate reset meal planning, ultimate reset recipes, ultimate reset meals
OUT FOR LUNCH
VEGGIE SALAD
Going out to eat during the Ultimate Reset can be challenging. I won't lie!! Most restaurants you have no idea exactly how things are prepared. The one day my husband took our daughter and I out to lunch and I was very careful what I ordered and how I ordered it. I didn't want to screw up any of what I had accomplished and really wanted to see and feel the best benefits from the Ultimate Reset. While out to lunch I chose this veggie salad, oil and vinegar dressing, and made sure no croutons, eggs, or meat!! 
Out to lunch SUCCESS!!

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase, hearty vegetable miso soup, I love to cook, ultimate reset foods, ultimate reset meal planning, ultimate reset recipes, ultimate reset meals
HEARTY VEGETABLE MISO SOUP
sooo delicious!!

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, ultimate reset, phase 2, ultimate reset release phase, Garlic veggies,  I love to cook, ultimate reset foods, ultimate reset meal planning, ultimate reset recipes, ultimate reset meals
Garlic Veggies
OH MY YUM!!

Overall I am very impressed with WEEK 2 of the Ultimate Reset. 
I felt amazingly better than I did in week 2. 
I started to see pounds drop on the scale. 
The bloat was close to non-existent. 
Absolutely NO Sugar cravings. 
Better Mood.
Loved the food. 

Now it is time to step it up and enjoy my last and final week!!
Check back soon for more Ultimate Reset recaps!




http://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/Ultimate%20Reset/all??referringRepId=371754


Have a fabulous week!!

My passion and my goal is to help others to learn 

how to live a 

FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 

and we will do it 

TOGETHER!!!!


www.alysonhorcher.com, tasty tuesday, healthy eating, clean eating, healthy recipes, clean recipes, lenten meals, meat free meals, 3 day refresh, veggie stir fry, healthy lifestyle, beachbody coach, looking for a beachbody coach
Post a Comment