Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Homemade BBQ Sauce

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, homemade clean BBQ sauce, healthy BBQ chicken, healthy grilling recipes, meal planning, healthy living, it's BBQ time
It's SUMMERTIME and who doesn't love getting out their grill & having a BBQ!!


www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, homemade clean BBQ sauce, healthy BBQ chicken, healthy grilling recipes, meal planning, healthy living, it's BBQ time, dads who love to grill, men grilling
Oh who am I kidding I have a husband who will grill all year long!! He has grilled in downpours, snow, and sunshine!! 

One of my favorite foods on the grill is BBQ chicken and I use to always buy bottled BBQ sauce until I started my clean eating journey. At that time I started reading labels and found the majority of BBQ sauces out there are loaded with a ton of extra ingredients - ingredients I couldn't pronounce and therefore I didn't want to use in cooking.
www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, homemade clean BBQ sauce, healthy BBQ chicken, healthy grilling recipes, meal planning, healthy living, it's BBQ time, if you don't recognize an ingredient your body won't either, read labels

This lead me on a hunt for a homemade BBQ sauce that myself and my family would love!! It has taken some time to finally get to the point we are at today but I am now thankful I have a BBQ sauce we all love!! 

What I also love about this recipe is you can make it more or less tangy depending on your preference!! Read below the recipe to find out how!


Presenting Homemade Clean BBQ Sauce!!
As I said I love my BBQ Chicken...we paired it with fresh corn on the cob and spinach from our garden!!
YUMMO!!


www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, homemade clean BBQ sauce, healthy BBQ chicken, healthy grilling recipes, meal planning, healthy living, it's BBQ time, summertime dinners, healthy summer meals

Recipe for Homemade BBQ Sauce:

Ingredients...
1 6 ounce can tomato paste
8-16 ounces tomato sauce (or leave it out all together)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
3 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
1/2 cup EVOO
1/2 cup water

Directions...
1. In a medium saucepan combine all ingredients except oil and bring sauce to a boil.
2. Continue boiling 3 to 4 minutes
3. Remove from heat and stir in oil
Your sauce is ready to go at this point!! 

Note: If you would like extra tangy sauce leave our the tomato sauce. If you want a mild yet somewhat tangy sauce play around with the amount of tomato sauce you use. We have had this recipe with no tomato sauce, 8 ounces tomato sauce added, and the 16 ounces of tomato sauce added. All leave you with a different flavor so find the one you love!!

All that is left is to go make yourself some BBQ sauce and get grillin'!!

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, homemade clean BBQ sauce, healthy BBQ chicken, healthy grilling recipes, meal planning, healthy living, it's BBQ time, you can't buy happiness but you can BBQ

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!! 

Until next time I leave you with this...
Your Choice - Eat Healthy or Not!!


www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, www.facebook.com/alyson.horcher, homemade clean BBQ sauce, healthy BBQ chicken, healthy grilling recipes, meal planning, healthy living, it's BBQ time, I love myself so i'll eat healthy todayNeed help getting started?
I can help!!

My passion and my goal is to help others to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

Post a Comment