Thursday, December 4, 2014

Homemade Vegetable Soup

Ahh the season of Sickness!! 
It doesn't have to be all that bad!! Not when you have good food to warm your belly!!

Well I missed you all last week!! Sorry no post from me!! I was down and out with bronchitis!! Never had it before and never want to have it again!! Unfortunately it is that time of year of runny noses, coughing, Flu, stomach bugs, etc. It is up to us to arm our bodies with the best defense and well if that doesn't work hopefully you have a great support system who can help you nurse yourself back to good health!!

I was fortunate and had my husband and 2 kids! My daughter is like a mini me and was always making sure Mommy and the boys were taken care of...goodness at the age of 3 she quite a fine job too!! The only downfall for momma be down and out is that we were low on homemade foods (I do the cooking around here). So that meant a few nights going out to eat and my husband would bring me food home, pizza (not the clean eating kind), and thank goodness for leftover I had previously frozen - MEATBALLS to the rescue!! As soon as I was  feeling a bit better I knew I had to get in the kitchen and made me some SOUP!!



Soup always makes me feel a ton better when I am not feeling well. Maybe it is the Soup warms the soul or quite possibly the fresh and yummy ingredients. Either way SOUP was calling my name!! I didn't have much of an appetite or many fresh veggies so I used what I did have and made an awesome Veggie Soup!! It was a little of this and a little of that and thank goodness it was edible and now it is a keeper in the recipe box!!

If you enjoy Vegetable soup then be sure to give this one a try!!

Ingredients...
2 tablespoons EVOO, divided
1 small onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound carrots, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 cup green beans, either chopped or left whole
4 cups organic vegetable broth
3 teaspoons 21 day Fix All Purpose Seasoning

Directions...
1. Add 1 tablespoon EVOO to large cooking pot, heat on medium high heat.
2. Add onion and sauté until translucent and then add in garlic and 1 teaspoon 21 day Fix All purpose seasoning.
3. Next add in carrots, celery, and another 1 tablespoon EVOO - stir
4. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon 21 day fix All Purpose Seasoning - stir until veggies are soft ~5 minutes
5. Add in green beans and vegetable broth - stir
6. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon 21 day fix All Purpose Seasoning and stir again.
7. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.

Veggie Soup
Serve immediately or let cool and store for another day!!
Also I like to add on top a tablespoon of shredded mozzarella cheese - YUMMY!!

If you are following the 21 day fix nutrition plan this meal would equal 1 Green and if add in the cheese 1 Orange.

ENJOY!!
Post a Comment