Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup

Ever heard SOUP is liquid Comfort? 

On those cold days a bowl of soup sure does warm my soul!! 

Soups can be quite involved though when making from scratch although that won't stop me! Some though for the time involved it will stop them from making homemade soups and instead they will opt for the store bought canned varieties. I use to eat those too until I looked at the ingredients and realized there is a whole lot more JUNK in there than I would prefer and the canned varieties are a TON more expensive!! So to lessen the amount of processed food I eat and save some money I now make my own SOUP!!

I am here today to help you do the same!
One of the all time favorite soups is Chicken Noodle!!
It is also the #1 go to soup when you or others are sick!!

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, today's menu chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup quotes, healthy crock pot meals, clean eating crock pot meals, crock pot chicken noodle soup

A while back I came upon a chicken noodle soup recipe that you could make in the crock pot.
Well if you are short on time the Crock pot by far is a great kitchen tool that can help save you time!!
The recipe though when I tried it didn't taste quite right so I have been working on it and the recipe I made last night was spot on DELICIOUS!!

This recipe is super easy to make, you can prep all the ingredients the night before, and all you need to do is remember to turn on the crock pot before you leave the house in the morning!

Simple enough right!!
Oh and don't forget this will save you money too by making your own SOUP!!
Another WIN in my book!!

So here it goes....
Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup

www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, today's menu chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup quotes, healthy crock pot meals, clean eating crock pot meals, crock pot chicken noodle soup

Ingredients...
2 pounds raw cut up boneless, skinless chicken (choose your size, I like smaller pieces but some prefer larger)
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 cup celery, diced
4 carrots, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, sliced
1 tablespoon 21 day Fix All-Purpose Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti cooked
Parmesan cheese, optional

Directions...
Add chicken to bottom of crock pot
Add celery, carrots, garlic, onion on top
Sprinkle with 21 day fix all-purpose seasoning, parsley, sea salt, & black pepper
Add olive oil over top
Add chicken broth
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high
Right before you serve the soup add in the cooked spaghetti (I did this as I will filling everyone's drink glasses)
Serve with optional parmesan cheese sprinkled on top and last but not least
Enjoy!!

This recipe makes ~ 6-8 servings.
If you follow proper portion size then you should measure out 1 1/2 cups (not including broth) for an adult serving.
If you follow the 21 day fix Nutrition plan then this would equal 1/2 Green, 1 Red, and 1 Yellow
(if adding parmesan cheese add in 1 Blue).
www.alysonhorcher.com, alysonhorcher@gmail.com, today's menu chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup quotes, healthy crock pot meals, clean eating crock pot meals, crock pot chicken noodle soup, soup quotes
My family normally finishes this meal within a day or two but if you don't like leftovers this recipe after made can be frozen as well. This is a great way to fill that freezer with healthy meals so when in a pinch you can always defrost and enjoy the yummy goodness of homemade soup!!

I love sharing healthy recipes with you and I hope you enjoy them too!! If you have a family favorite meal that you need help making healthier let me know! I will be happy to help!!

Until then, enjoy a bowl of nice warm soup!!

xoxo,
Post a Comment