Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Baby Steps with FOOD

www.alysonhorcher.com, baby steps to healthier eating, baby steps to healthier living, learn how to eat healthy, don't worry be healthy, great minds think fit, baby steps, take baby steps along the way to reach your goal

I've been all about taking baby steps when doing most things in my life. I have never been one to jump in with both feet and be successful. When I have jumped in with both feet - one it doesn't feel right and two whatever I am attempting to do either does not last or I fail miserably. Failing is not always a bad thing I get that. We need to fail in order to succeed. I have seen many others jump in with both feet and be successful. I have tried it over and over again and yet failure is always my outcome. What I have learned is stick with what has worked best throughout my life and where I have learned the most - Baby Steps!!

A few months back a friend of mine introduced me to a woman named the FLYLADY!! (if you have not heard of the FLYLADY I highly recommend checking her out and following her ASAP!! www.flylady.net)
www.alysonhorcher.com, baby steps to healthier eating, baby steps to healthier living, learn how to eat healthy, don't worry be healthy, great minds think fit, flylady, baby steps
She had mentioned her to me before but I never looked into who this person was. Well one day I was so fed up with not making progress I decided to check out the FLYLADY. Her first task was to shine my sink. WHAT?!?! I have a messy house including a sink full of dishes and you want me to shine my sink? YES, that was the first task. Being that I was at a loss for any further steps in life I decided to do it...I shined my sink!! It was from that moment on I started to understand the FLYLADY.  I continued on with the tasks, routines, and I read her book. Let me tell you I have started MANY books over the past years and very few I have finished - SINK REFLECTIONS I finished!! I feel one of the many reasons why I connected with the FLYLADY was because she too believes in Baby Steps. Take those BABY STEPS and they will lead to those bigger accomplishments without the overwhelming feeling.

www.alysonhorcher.com, baby steps to healthier eating, baby steps to healthier living, learn how to eat healthy, don't worry be healthy, great minds think fit, baby steps, don't keep up with the JonesesAs I continue to follow the FLYLADY's system and incorporate it into my own life I realized something very critical to my success. For quite some time now I have been trying to be like other people. I have been doing what they are doing to be successful, I have be
en drinking their kool aid, I have been keeping up with the Joneses. Well guess what all of this is not true to who I am. How did I let myself fall into this? I saw their shiny success and I wanted it for my own. How they got there though was their journey not mine. I have finally come to an understanding of this!!

Back to babysteps....
when I first started a life change a few years ago I took on learning how to lose baby weight after my second child was born. That led to learning how to eat healthier, incorporating exercise into my daily life, and best of all being happier. I lost the weight, I got fit, I got healthy, and got happy...FINALLY!! RIGHT?!?! Well when I came the realization I was back to being a person that wasn't happy (the keeping up with the Joneses person) I reflected back to what I did in the beginning that helped me progress...FOOD!!

www.alysonhorcher.com, small steps, baby steps, baby steps can make this world a better place, don't worry be happy, baby steps to healthier eating, baby steps to healthier living, learn how to eat healthy, don't worry be healthy, great minds think fit

Did you see that one coming? Yep, I didn't either!! FOOD for so many of us is yes how we survive but to others FOOD can also be an ENEMY.  We eat food to make ourselves feel better, we eat food because of the chemicals that keep us coming back for more, we eat food socially....The food we eat can either help us or hurt us. I use to eat healthy but for one reason or another I got away from it. When I started my healthy lifestyle journey back in 2012 I had to deal with FOOD!! I read about clean eating, I read about what foods are good and bad to eat at certain times of days, I read about this that and the other. I have always LOVED learning. This time I was learning about FOOD is a different way. How the very foods I eat every day can either hurt or help me.
www.alysonhorcher.com, baby steps to healthier eating, baby steps to healthier living, learn how to eat healthy, don't worry be healthy, great minds think fit, to eat is a necessity but to eat intelligently is an art
I learned when  I eat healthy foods I feel a thousand times better, happier!! I learned I have more energy when I eat healthy foods. I learned the pounds and inches fall off when I eat healthy foods. This all lead to my quest to find healthy meals that mimicked some of mine and my family's favorite meals. As I was searching for new recipes I came to another realization I was having fun COOKING!! UM, this was a surprise to me and even more of a surprise was the food I was making was so ridiculously yummy!! Yes, I am patting myself on the back here!! Not only was I enjoying it but also my family was too. As I realized how much fun I was having and the food was turning out well I decided to start sharing those recipes with others. I enjoyed this too!! A ton of the recipes I have tried and shared so many have loved. Not only have they loved them but these simple recipes we are all making in our homes have also helped many of us adopt healthier eating habits!! Win win for many of us and so after my LONG story today I am finally at the point of sharing, one of my baby steps I am getting back to is sharing recipes that my family and I try and enjoy with YOU!! My hope is for the same thing to happen as it did before - WE BOTH BENEFIT!

Eating healthy does not have to be a chore. Instead it can be great fun!
Ready to take Baby Steps with me?
Ready for some new recipes? I have a ton I can't wait to share with you!!
Be sure to check back later this week!! and please if you have a family favorite meal that you want to make healthier send it my way!! I would love to help you!!

www.alysonhorcher.com, baby steps to healthier eating, baby steps to healthier living, learn how to eat healthy, don't worry be healthy, great minds think fit, when we exercise more and eat healthier foods we learn how to do it for the rest of our lives

XOXO, 

Post a Comment