Monday, August 11, 2014

A few minutes of planning and I am set for the WEEK!!

Yes, I said it again PLANNING!!

Well if you don't know it by now, I like to plan things out. Guess what today is...

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning monday, meal planning, clean eating meal plans, healthy eating meal plans, meal planning myths, meal planning is easy, meal planning can be done for families, meal planning on a budget, meal planning misconceptions

I have always been a planner but I'll let you in on a little secret....It took me almost 6 MONTHS until I started Meal Planning. I joined my first health and fitness group with my Beachbody coach in late February 2012. She always talked about meal planning and shared her plans but I was not ready to commit to doing my own. All I knew is that at least one of my meals would be my Shakeology and I was happy with that. It was more than what I was doing so in my book I was already ahead. 

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning monday, meal planning, clean eating meal plans, healthy eating meal plans, meal planning myths, meal planning is easy, meal planning can be done for families, meal planning on a budget, meal planning misconceptions, women love to lift, I love lifting, strong is the new skinny, chalean extreme, chalene JohnsonHow did I do with Progress you might ask. 

Well for me my focus was on working out. I love the energy it gave me, I love how great I felt after I was done, and I loved lifting weights (ha who knew - up until this point I never knew I liked weights!!) 

The program I choose was Chalean Extreme and I do believe this program is my soulmate workout. Thank goodness this was my first workout because I absolutely fell in love with it and it's celebrity trainer - Chalene Johnson. This was my first time I learned HOW to lift weights properly and best of all I learned I LOVED lifting.  The concept behind muscle burns fat also intrigued me and well despite my lack of meal planning I still saw results. 


www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning monday, meal planning, clean eating meal plans, healthy eating meal plans, meal planning myths, meal planning is easy, meal planning can be done for families, meal planning on a budget, meal planning misconceptions, women love to lift, I love lifting, strong is the new skinny, chalean extreme, chalene Johnson, muscle burns fat

I did however come to a point where I was no longer losing any more weight or inches and I knew what was next for me to conquer - my diet! 

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning monday, meal planning, clean eating meal plans, healthy eating meal plans, meal planning myths, meal planning is easy, meal planning can be done for families, meal planning on a budget, meal planning misconceptions, women love to lift, I love lifting, strong is the new skinny, chalean extreme, chalene Johnson, fitness is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition
Now I didn't eat horribly at this point because I had learned so much from my previous months of taking part in health and fitness groups with my beachbody coach. BUT I knew I could do better!! I knew I had to start meal planning in order to get over my plateau.  But I looked at it to be such a pain!! 

What I thought...

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning monday, meal planning, clean eating meal plans, healthy eating meal plans, meal planning myths, meal planning is easy, meal planning can be done for families, meal planning on a budget, meal planning misconceptions, women love to lift, I love lifting, strong is the new skinny, chalean extreme, chalene Johnson, fitness is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition
Meal Planning is Too Time Consuming
Meal planning costs more money 
(I will be eating healthier - healthy food is expensive)
Meal Planning is too Confusing
Meal Planning cannot be done for a Family
Meal Planning is restrictive
Happy to inform you if you are like me and believe these statements above 
YOU ARE WRONG!!

I speak from experience and I can tell you 
Meal Planning takes me 5-10 minutes weekly
Now I do want to say in the beginning it took me a bit more time. I needed to figure out what worked for me and I needed to find healthy recipes for the meals my family already loved. 

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning monday, meal planning, clean eating meal plans, healthy eating meal plans, meal planning myths, meal planning is easy, meal planning can be done for families, meal planning on a budget, meal planning misconceptions, women love to lift, I love lifting, strong is the new skinny, chalean extreme, chalene Johnson, fitness is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition, save time and money with meal planning

Meal Planning saves me money - I buy only what I need and I reduce wasted food (mainly from leftovers and produce going bad). I no longer buy pre-made meals that are loaded with chemicals which tend to cost a WHOLE lot more money. We also choose to eat at home rather than go out to eat as much. 

Meal Planning is too Confusing - Wow did I miss the boat on this one. I now follow the clean eating principles and one of the easiest ways to meal plan is to eat 5-6 correctly portioned meals and to pair a complex carbohydrate with a protein. Easy enough right? So why was I thinking it would be too confusing? Sounds like it was an EXCUSE I was using!! My best advice I can offer is follow the experts who know the ins and out of meal planning. This alone will makes meal planning a whole lot easier. 

Meal Planning cannot be done for a Family
www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning monday, meal planning, clean eating meal plans, healthy eating meal plans, meal planning myths, meal planning is easy, meal planning can be done for families, meal planning on a budget, meal planning misconceptions, women love to lift, I love lifting, strong is the new skinny, chalean extreme, chalene Johnson, fitness is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition, save time and money with meal planningI am a mother with 2 small children who like most kids are picky about trying new things. I also have a husband who likes to eat what he likes to eat. I knew I wanted to meal plan but since I do all the grocery shopping and meal preparing I wanted this to be a family affair. I was not able to comprehend how I would be able to meal plan for my family. Easiest way to do this - we all eat the same meals...well for the most part. This is still a work in progress as there are certain meals my kids are not fond of. I do however keep trying and we have the 2 bite rule - you must take 2 bites before you can decide whether or not you like something. Dinners we all eat the same, snacks we all eat the same, and lunches are coming along. 

Meal Planning is restrictive
www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning monday, meal planning, clean eating meal plans, healthy eating meal plans, meal planning myths, meal planning is easy, meal planning can be done for families, meal planning on a budget, meal planning misconceptions, women love to lift, I love lifting, strong is the new skinny, chalean extreme, chalene Johnson, fitness is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition, save time and money with meal planning, create healthy habits not restrictionsI didn't want to have to give up all my favorite foods!! Guess what I didn't have to give them up. I found healthier versions and started implementing those recipes.  As time went on my taste for the sweeter & saltier foods decreased in addition to many of my other cravings (I think shakeology plays a big part in this one!) I still have chocolate here and there and other favorites but I make sure I am having the proper portion and I am only having these types of foods every so often.
As you can see my reasons for not wanting to meal plan were not valid. I wish I would have chosen to start meal planning sooner so I could see my results sooner but WE LIVE and WE LEARN!!

Now meal planning is part of my weekly routine - I plan on Sundays.  Sometimes I meal prep Sundays too but usually prepping happens on Mondays.

Here is my meal plan for the week...
www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning monday, meal planning, clean eating meal plans, healthy eating meal plans, meal planning myths, meal planning is easy, meal planning can be done for families, meal planning on a budget, meal planning misconceptions, women love to lift, I love lifting, strong is the new skinny, chalean extreme, chalene Johnson, fitness is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition, save time and money with meal planning, weekly meal plan

I am in Week 5 of PiYo and part of the PiYo fitness program is a nutrition plan as well. So that is why I have letters and numbers in parentheses below each of my meals. This is a way for me to track and make sure I am following the plan. 

If you have any questions regarding my meal plan or looking for a particular recipe, feel free to CONTACT ME!!

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning monday, meal planning, clean eating meal plans, healthy eating meal plans, meal planning myths, meal planning is easy, meal planning can be done for families, meal planning on a budget, meal planning misconceptions, women love to lift, I love lifting, strong is the new skinny, chalean extreme, chalene Johnson, fitness is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition, save time and money with meal planning, one should eat to live not live to eat

Also feel free to CONTACT ME if you are wanting to lead a healthier lifestyle. Whether you are at the beginning stages or need new ideas I can help!!


www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning monday, meal planning, clean eating meal plans, healthy eating meal plans, meal planning myths, meal planning is easy, meal planning can be done for families, meal planning on a budget, meal planning misconceptions, women love to lift, I love lifting, strong is the new skinny, chalean extreme, chalene Johnson, fitness is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition, save time and money with meal planning, lets get healthy together, live well

Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson




Post a Comment