Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Making Life Easier with Healthy Recipes

We've all been talking about it and for some the time has already come and others we still have a few more weeks left. What is IT that I am talking about? 


BACK TO SCHOOL!! 


www.alysonhorcher.com, clean eating for kids, healthy eating for kids, back to school snacks, back to school lunches, back to school with kids, back to school healthy ideas, back to school healthy meals, quick healthy meals,  back to school clean eating ideas, back to school clean eating meals, quick clean eating meals, making life simple and healthy, how to stay on track when going back to school, healthy school snacks
Now if you are a parent of a Back to School child then you have one of two emotions going on you are excited or you are sad. I honestly am a little bit of both!! I can't believe BOTH of my kids will be heading to school this year. Yes, my daughter will be entering PreK not school in some eyes but to us it is. See we have had our children at home with either my husband or myself since they were born. 

We didn't know how we would do it but we stuck to our guns and made it happen and I am thankful and feel blessed to say we DID IT!! YAY US!! 

So I am excited Leo and Addyson are both going to school this year but I am also sad to see my babies enter a new stage of life. 

www.alysonhorcher.com, clean eating for kids, healthy eating for kids, back to school snacks, back to school lunches, back to school with kids, back to school healthy ideas, back to school healthy meals, quick healthy meals,  back to school clean eating ideas, back to school clean eating meals, quick clean eating meals, making life simple and healthy, how to stay on track when going back to school, healthy school snacks
What we all pray doesn't happen
www.alysonhorcher.com, clean eating for kids, healthy eating for kids, back to school snacks, back to school lunches, back to school with kids, back to school healthy ideas, back to school healthy meals, quick healthy meals,  back to school clean eating ideas, back to school clean eating meals, quick clean eating meals, making life simple and healthy, how to stay on track when going back to school, healthy school snacks, I love school
what we all pray does happen

I am also excited because I am pushing myself to step up my game and get our house in order before SCHOOL BEGINS. 

I am working on making recipes that are healthy and FAST!! 

I was looking through some of my recipes the last few weeks and some of them although I love them are just not going to work for our schedule the next couple of months. So what do I do?? I look for ways to keep our family favorites but speed up the process or in today's recipe's case - how to make a family favorite an on the go favorite too. 

See we have chickens with our neighbors so there is never a shortage of eggs around our house. We also all love spinach. Quiche with spinach is one of our all time favorite meals. I have also gone on to make egg muffins that contain the same ingredients but yet quicker for morning time. However taking these muffins on the go just doesn't work for me, I've tried it and they are too big. 

I started looking and found a recipe for Crustless Spinach Quiche cups - they are like mini egg muffins and oh so delicious. Yes, the recipes are very similar but these little "cups" are MUCH easier for on the go!!

Crustless Spinach Quiche Cups

www.alysonhorcher.com, clean eating for kids, healthy eating for kids, back to school snacks, back to school lunches, back to school with kids, back to school healthy ideas, back to school healthy meals, quick healthy meals,  back to school clean eating ideas, back to school clean eating meals, quick clean eating meals, making life simple and healthy, how to stay on track when going back to school, healthy school snacks, crustless spinach quiche cups, crustless quiche, quick quiche recipes, quick clean eating quiche recipes, quick healthy eating recipes, on the go healthy meals, on the go clean meals, on the go healthy snacks, on the go clean snacks, on the go healthy breakfasts, on the go clean breakfasts

1 tablespoon EVOO
2 cups fresh spinach (you can use frozen but the taste I feel is so much better with fresh spinach)
5 eggs
1 cup bell peppers, chopped thin(any color, I like all the colors so I added a few of each to make a cup)
1/2 cup onion, chopped thin
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions...
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Using a mini muffin pan lightly spray so cups don't stick
3. Heat EVOO in large skillet, add onions and peppers and sauté until they are soft ~ 5-6 minutes
4. Add spinach into same skillet, mix around so spinach cooks down ~ 3-4 minutes
5. Add these ingredients to a large mixing bowl
6. Add eggs, cheeses, salt, and pepper and combine well
7. Divide mixture evenly in mini muffin pan
8. Bake for about 25 minutes or until egg is well set and toothpick comes out clean from the center. 

Either enjoy while cups are warm or let cool and individually wrap each muffin so you can heat up and take on the go at a later time!!

Now these can either be breakfast or morning snack. If morning snack and taking it to school, I would warm, wrap in tinfoil, the place in a thermos type container. By doing this it will stay warm enough for your school kid to enjoy in the morning!!

Eating healthy is important to me and I am doing my best to teach my children why eating healthy is so important no what who you are, what age you are, or where you are. 

I choose to eat healthy and feed my family healthy foods!!

www.alysonhorcher.com, clean eating for kids, healthy eating for kids, back to school snacks, back to school lunches, back to school with kids, back to school healthy ideas, back to school healthy meals, quick healthy meals,  back to school clean eating ideas, back to school clean eating meals, quick clean eating meals, making life simple and healthy, how to stay on track when going back to school, healthy school snacks, crustless spinach quiche cups, crustless quiche, quick quiche recipes, quick clean eating quiche recipes, quick healthy eating recipes, on the go healthy meals, on the go clean meals, on the go healthy snacks, on the go clean snacks, on the go healthy breakfasts, on the go clean breakfasts, be healthy live well eat well

Would you like to eat healthier or maybe have your family eat healthier too? 
I CAN HELP
I started off on this journey lost in when it came to eating healthy and now I am proud to say I am a healthier eating and I am well on my way to having a family that eats healthy too. For the most part they eat what I eat. 
Sound like something you would like to do as well? 
or maybe you want to join me on my quest for finding quick, healthy, and delicious meals/snacks for back to school?  

If so, I invite you to CONTACT ME and we can discuss next steps depending on your goals!! Absolutely NO OBLIGATION to do a thing, no pressure and instead know I love doing what I do - helping others live a healthier, happier, more fit lifestyle!! 

Can't wait to hear from you!

www.alysonhorcher.com, clean eating for kids, healthy eating for kids, back to school snacks, back to school lunches, back to school with kids, back to school healthy ideas, back to school healthy meals, quick healthy meals,  back to school clean eating ideas, back to school clean eating meals, quick clean eating meals, making life simple and healthy, how to stay on track when going back to school, healthy school snacks, crustless spinach quiche cups, crustless quiche, quick quiche recipes, quick clean eating quiche recipes, quick healthy eating recipes, on the go healthy meals, on the go clean meals, on the go healthy snacks, on the go clean snacks, on the go healthy breakfasts, on the go clean breakfasts, be healthy live well eat well, lets get healthy together, together we are better


Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson








Post a Comment