Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Chicken Kabob Marinade

This Week I am all about new recipes!! New recipes take more time in the kitchen but I have to say I love trying new ones!! Last night for dinner we tried this amazing new marinade for chicken kabobs and it was melt in your mouth oh so good!! I am sure it would be good with any kind of meat or just plain ole veggies!! Whatever your pleasure be sure to give it a try!! Grilling season is here and kabobs are a fun and tasty grilled meal!!

Chicken Kabob Marinade
www.alysonhorcher.com,  Chicken Kabob Marinade, clean eating chicken kabob recipe, clean eating marinade, healthy eating, get fit, meal planning
not the greatest picture a bit blurry but you get the point!!
Ingredients...
1/2 cup EVOO
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon All-Purpose Seasoning
2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon dry minced onion
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon honey
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
2 red bell peppers, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 red onion, sliced into big chunks
1/2 cup cherry tomato
skewers/kabob sticks (note: if using wooden sticks soak them in water for a few hours so they don't burn)

Directions...
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large plastic zippered bag
2. Place cut chicken into large bowl and pour half the marinade over top and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinade for at least 1/2 hour. 
3. In the zippered bag with the remaining marinade put the veggies in, zip, and shake around. Marinade for at least 1/2 hour.
4. Spray skewers with non-stick cooking spray and start loading - alternate veggies and chicken on skewers allowing enough room on both ends to hold skewer and allow for turning on the grill.
5. Grill over medium-high heat and learn from my mistake - best to use tongs to turn!!
Last but not least ENJOY!! and then give me your feedback on the recipe!! I love to hear your thoughts as well!! 

We served our kabobs with mashed potatoes and a side of carrots (carrots are my kids favorite side!)

www.alysonhorcher.com,  Chicken Kabob Marinade, clean eating chicken kabob recipe, clean eating marinade, healthy eating, get fit, meal planning, I eat to feed my body not my face, healthy eating quotes, clean eating quotes


There are many many marinades out there that are equally as delicious BUT I wanted to find something that was homemade, clean, and didn't contain processed sugar.  I used raw honey as my sweetener but feel free to leave this ingredient out if you are sugar free.

Often times I am asked why is eating clean so important to me and here are just a few of the reasons but most of all I feel a thousand times better when I fuel my body with clean whole foods!!
www.alysonhorcher.com,  Chicken Kabob Marinade, clean eating chicken kabob recipe, clean eating marinade, healthy eating, get fit, meal planning, benefits of clean eating, clean eating quotes, healthy eating quotes



For more recipes like this, join my next Health and Fitness  group where I will help you learn how to eat CLEAN and give you the motivation and accountability you need to make the right lifestyle changes! Message me for more details at alysonhorcher@gmail.com

Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

~Alyson

teambeachbody coach, beachbody coaching, be your own boss, work from home, best of both worlds , work and play




Post a Comment