Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Clean Eating Lentil Soup


lentils, how to cook lentils, lentil soup, clean eating lentil soup, clean eating, healthy eating
When we lived in Los Angeles there was a local restaurant that made the best Lentil Soup. I always try Lentil Soup when it is available with the hopes of finding a local place that makes it just as good. So far no luck. Lentil Soup is not on many menus around here. So the best way to find your favorite is start experimenting in the kitchen and so this brings me to my recipe today...

I found this recipe online and cannot remember where I found it but whoever the creator is I am very thankful because this soup is delicious!!

Clean Eating Lentil Soup
lentils, how to cook lentils, lentil soup, clean eating lentil soup, clean eating, healthy eating



Ingredients...
1 cup lentils, rinsed and picked through for small stones
1 onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
10 cups organic vegetable stock
1/4 cup brown rice
1 1/2 cups chopped grape tomatoes
4 cup shredded cabbage

Directions...
Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to boil.
Turn heat to low and cook covered for ~ 1 hour or until lentils are soft

Note: The recipe also called for salt and pepper to taste but I left that out and I didn't miss it one bit. Also I did not have Herbes de Provence on hand so I found a way to make my own and then I just took 1 teaspoon of that mixture. 

Herbs de Provence
2 tablespoons dried savory
2 tablespoons dried rosemary
2 tablespoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried basil
2 tablespoons dried marjoram
2 tablespoons dried fennel seed
Mix together and store in an airtight container

I always knew Lentils were good for me but just incase you are new to Lentils here is why Lentils are a great addition to your diet...

lentils, how to cook lentils, lentil soup, clean eating lentil soup, clean eating, healthy eating, benefits of lentils

Well another great recipe that I hope you all enjoy!! If you try it out please I would love to hear your thoughts!!  Also if you have any clean eating recipes to share, please do so. I am always looking for new ones to try!!!!

meal planning, healthy habits, create healthy habits, support, accountability, motivation, lentils, how to cook lentils, lentil soup, clean eating lentil soup, clean eating, healthy eating
If you are interested in more healthy recipes or maybe even learning how to eat healthy CONTACT ME and I can help you get started. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.  Let me help you do the same!! 


Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson



@alysonhorcher - Instagram



Post a Comment