Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hello 2014


January 2nd is here and sure enough January 2nd is almost over!! Here in the Northeast we are having a snow storm so both my husband and son are hoping for one more day at home.  

my loves playing MarioKart on Wii
I on the other hand I cannot wait to get back to my normal schedule.  I have been a bit lax with my normal routine and boy do I feel it.  Although I do have to admit I LOVE all of us being home together.  The kids are always with  me so it is nice for them to have their daddy home with them as well.  

What I also look forward to is preparing for the New Year.  At the end of the year it is always a time for me to reflect of course on the previous year and a time for me then to think of the New Year and what is in store.  During these days home with my family all home I was reminded why I do what I do.  I am very blessed to be given the opportunities and I feel proud that I took advantage of the opportunities!! 

I stay at home with our kids because before we had children we said it was important to both of us to have a parent stay home.  Not only do we want a parent home but we want that parent present - so the kids are not always in front of the TV, electronic device, etc.  Instead we are interacting with one another.  This is sometimes challenging (just being honest) as I also have other duties to tend to during the day like cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc.  When I was given the opportunity back in 2012 to become a Beachbody coach I thought NO WAY, I had no time to do it PLUS I didn't want to take any time away from my kids.  Little did I know I could have it all if I planned properly and so that is why my schedule I have in place is so very important to me.  I want to make sure I am not working too much and I continue to be present in the lives of our children.  I enjoy being the person to teach them new things, practice ABCS, and today I was reminded I want to be the person not a non-parent to be there for our kids when they get hurt (my daughter fell pretty bad today and I was the one to be there for her, fix her up, and comfort her!)



Planning as mentioned has been key for me to juggle my busy schedule but honestly I would not have it any other way.  Yes, I am sure I could be more on top of many things but what matters most if that my family is taken care of.  This also brings me to how being a Beachbody coach has also helped us continue to have one parent stay at home.  What I also didn't realize when I signed up to be a discount coach (just wanted to get a discount on my #1 meal Shakeology!) that as a coach there was great potential for making a decent income.  Depending on how much time you want to give you could also make well into the 6 figures and then some.  Hello Beachbody's Millionaires club!! Well right now that is not a goal of mine but what is a goal is to be able to help provide for our family so that we can continue living like we do and have one parent stay at home.  

How I plan on continuing to make this all happen begins with my priorities and then setting goals. As I was reflecting on 2013 and preparing for 2014, I looked at what goals I didn't accomplish in 2013 and why and then I decided what goals I would like to accomplish in 2014.  


Although I was totally bummed about the goals I didn't reach in 2013 I feel I did everything I could to get done what I did.  I am not upset anymore with what didn't happen instead I am going to learn from my mistakes and move on.  and so here is my vision board for 2014 - for the first half of 2014 only though!!


I learned this past year that making a full year board was very discouraging for me when I didn't reach many of my goals. So this year I am trying something new and breaking it down into the first half of the year and later on you will see the second half of the year. I will be revisiting my goals on a monthly basis and creating action plans so that I do not disappoint myself again. Some of my goals are dependent upon other people so yes that will be challenging but I feel very strongly we can all make it happen!! 
As the saying goes, "We are Better Together!"

At the end of the day though I know one thing is for certain I love being a stay at home mom and I love being a Beachbody Coach. I feel like I have the best of both worlds. I get to stay home with my kids and I get to help others achieve their goals.  Now that is something to be thankful for!! 

2014 will be my year



Cheers to 2014!!

Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson

@alysonhorcher - Instagram
Post a Comment