Thursday, September 5, 2013

Clean Eating Pancakes

Had a plan all in place for my kids' breakfast this morning (also my morning snack).  I was going to make them homestyle waffles (clean eating version of course) but they had their minds set on PANCAKES!! Well what my children didn't know is that mommy forgot to get the ingredients for pancakes the last time I was out at the grocery store.  I make my pancakes from scratch anymore.  I am so done with the boxed varieties.  Most have too many other non-clean ingredients and it is less expensive to make your own batter. 

Oh what to do, what to do...google search for a clean pancake recipe  using the ingredients you DO have on hand.  Voila - recipe found, made, and loved by ALL!! 

Clean Eating Pancakes




Ingredients...
1 1/2 cups oat flour (or flour of your choice)
1 tablespoon demerara
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon 

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 egg whites
1 - 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)

Directions...
Preheat griddle to medium heat.
Mix oat flour, demerara, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
Whisk together egg whites, vanilla extract, and milk.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
Spray griddle with non-stick butter spray.
Scoop batter onto griddle. Cook 3-5 minutes per side.

Makes 12-14 pancakes.

I had mine with peanut butter and blueberries.  My kids had theirs with pure maple syrup and blueberries.  I love love love knowing I am providing myself and my kids with nutritious foods.  

So if you try this recipe, please let me know your thoughts.  

For those that are interested in eating healthy or want to compare how well they are eating, I invite you to join me in my Healthy Eating & Shakeology group.  Everything is done via the internet so no in person meetings are necessary.  We discuss ways to stay motivated so you are not falling off the wagon every other day, we meal plan, discuss tips to incorporate planning and prepping into your already busy schedule, healthy recipes, snacking idea, tips for travel, and so much more.  If you would like more information about this type of group, my other health and fitness groups, or would like to join please CONTACT ME and we will set up a time to discuss your specific needs and wants.


Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson



  
  
@alysonhorcher - Instagram

Post a Comment