Friday, August 30, 2013

Clean Caramel Popcorn

Friday is usually most people's favorite day of the week 
because it is also the start to the weekend!! 

My family and I look forward to Friday's too because my husband will be off of work for two days and Friday nights we usually try to watch a movie together as a family.  What better to pair with movie watching than POPCORN.  We got one of those old fashioned popcorn poppers and have been hooked on popcorn ever since.  I have looked for different recipes to add more flavor and I came upon this one from a friend.  Oh and it is CLEAN -  you know I love to keep it clean around my house.   


Clean Caramel Popcorn
Warning: This is soooo good you will have to limit yourself on how much you eat.  

Ingredients...
1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
8-10 cups popped popcorn

Directions...
1.  In a double broiler, warm the honey over high heat. 
2.  Once honey starts to boil, continue boiling for 1 minute, lower heat to medium and then add in nut butter. Stir with a with a whisk until smooth.  Mixture should be pourable.  
3. Pour over popcorn and mix with a spoon. The mixture is hot and sticky, so don't mix with hands. 
4. Let popcorn sit and cool.

ENJOY!!

Seriously I had to have strong willpower with my portion because this Caramel Popcorn was delicious!! My family loved it and now always ask for it every Friday movie night.  

So if you try this recipe, please let me know your thoughts.  

For those that are interested in eating healthy or want to compare how well they are eating, I invite you to join me in my Healthy Eating & Shakeology group.  Everything is done via the internet so no in person meetings are necessary.  We discuss ways to stay motivated so you are not falling off the wagon every other day, we meal plan, discuss tips to incorporate planning and prepping into your already busy schedule, healthy recipes, snacking idea, tips for travel, and so much more.  If you would like more information about this type of group, my other health and fitness groups, or would like to join please CONTACT ME and we will set up a time to discuss your specific needs and wants.


Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson


  
  
@alysonhorcher - Instagram

 
Post a Comment