Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mediterranean Chickpea Salad

When you read a magazine do you tear out pages or dog ear things you like?  I tear out pages.  As I was reading my one magazine a few weeks ago I tore out this recipe that sounded right up my alley.  I loved all the ingredients and most I could get fresh.  I particularly loved that the recipe included Chickpeas. LOVE those little things!! and they are so darn good for you!!

Anyway, I have a huge stack of recipes that I find places and always plan on trying but have yet to do so.  Well not this one.  This one made it to the top of my pile.  I actually  made this for the first time last week but have been having it again for lunch this week.  It is a wham bam packed salad - complex carb and protein all in one!! Oh and this is vegetarian too!!

Mediterranean Chickpea Salad




Ingredients...
1 can low sodium chick peas, drained and rinses
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2"' cubes
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Adobo all purpose seasoning with pepper, to taste
1/4 cup EVOO

Directions...
1. In a medium mixing bowl, gently stir together chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, onions, and parsley until combined; set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together lemon juice and Adobo. Using whisk, add olive oil in slow steady stream, whisking constantly until oil is well incorporated.
3. Toss olive oil-lemon dressing with reserved vegetables until coated completely.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.

Serves 4, Prep time 15 min, Total time 20 min

Today I had this over a bed of spinach and it was awesome!!

So if you try this recipe, please let me know your thoughts.  

For those that are interested in eating healthy or want to compare how well they are eating, I invite you to join me in my Healthy Eating & Shakeology group.  Everything is done via the internet so no in person meetings are necessary.  We discuss ways to stay motivated so you are not falling off the wagon every other day, we meal plan, discuss tips to incorporate planning and prepping into your already busy schedule, healthy recipes, snacking idea, tips for travel, and so much more.  If you would like more information about this type of group, my other health and fitness groups, or would like to join please CONTACT ME and we will set up a time to discuss your specific needs and wants.
Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson


  
  
  
 



@alysonhorcher - Instagram
Post a Comment