Monday, August 19, 2013

Meal Planning Monday

Today I am trying something new - I am creating my meal plan on Monday as opposed to my normal day being Sunday.  This may not seem like a big deal to you but for someone as schedule oriented as I am this is huge.  Something lately has been off with my schedule and so I thought now is the time to change things up a bit and see how it works out.  
You never know until you try, right?!?!

So far today, I have felt like I could take more time to think about our meals for the week.  My goal is to always use up the food we have in the house as opposed to buying.  I am also all about saving money and meal planning and saved us a TON OF $$. Going forward I will make sure whatever we have Saturday or Sunday night that it will be enough food to have as a leftover Monday night so no grocery shopping is necessary.  Then Tuesday, I will go grocery shopping if need be.  My kids loves Bananas and they are on special every Tuesday at our local supermarket so I was always going to the grocery store anyway.  Why not make the most of my time and be MORE EFFICIENT!! 




This morning while the kids were still asleep I sat down with my two favorite books - 
Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Recharged and Eat Clean Diet Stripped.

 Last week and this week I have been following a  modified version of the Stripped plan.  






This was literally my kitchen table this morning.  I had my two books, 2 recipes I found in magazines, and my meal plan from last week.  I write my plan on paper first and then I put it into a word document that I can post. Here is the final version... 



After I have my meal plan done I write up what I absolutely need at the grocery store and then I search through the two local supermarkets to find what's on sale.  I try to save money where ever I can so ad  matching is very important in this process as well as couponing.  Not often do I find coupons for items I need because most tend to be fresh veggies and produce.  In order to save money so we can afford all the fruits and veggies I save elsewhere - household goods, dry staples, health and beauty products, etc.  It is so worth extra effort.           It kills me to pay full price for items!! 

Tuesday we will hit up the grocery store and get what we need and my list is very small this week.  
Since it is mostly fruits and veggies I will most likely go to our local produce/fruit market where you can buy in bulk and save $$.  
Bananas
strawberries,
oranges
cucumber 
watermelon
cantaloupe
Bok Choy
eggs
Cumin (ran out - ugh)
star anise

Nothing exciting was on sale so there will be no need to get anything extra to build 
our stock pile of essentials at home.  


Once we get our groceries in I start to slice and dice and pre-portion foods so it is a quick and easy grab and go.  Grabbing and going is not always the case but regardless it is best for me to do this when I can because then I have less excuses when something does pop up.  
I try to get my kids involved whenever I can because I think it is important for them to understand why Mommy takes the time to do all of this. I not only want to eat healthier but I also want my children to understand why some foods are better than others.  Not only do I want them to treat others with respect, I want them to treat their own bodies with respect.  The first step in doing that is eating a healthy diet.  

 Where do you fall when it comes to eating healthy? 
do you? do you want to? or do you have no desire? 

For those that are interested in eating healthy or want to compare how well they are eating, I invite you to join me in my Healthy Eating & Shakeology group.  Everything is done via the internet so no in person meetings are necessary.  We discuss ways to stay motivated so you are not falling off the wagon every other day, we meal plan, discuss tips to incorporate planning and prepping into your already busy schedule, healthy recipes, snacking idea, tips for travel, and so much more.  If you would like more information or would like to join please CONTACT ME and we will set up a time to discuss your specific needs and wants.  

Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson





@alysonhorcher - Instagram


@alysonhorch - Twitter
Post a Comment