Friday, April 26, 2013

Spinach Tomato Pesto Pizza

I have had this recipe for quite some time and I think tonight I finally followed it and guess what it turned out AWESOME!! See I am a pizza lover and I always have been. A problem I normally have with eating pizza is I can never stop. Regular pizza you then end up feeling all bloated and disgusting and that feeling I prefer not to have anymore.  Tonight I felt something different after I overindulged (working on the overindulging part) - normal!! This pizza was so light, tasty, and oh so good!!  I highly recommend it.

Spinach Tomato Pesto Pizza
minus the mozzarella cheese and tomatoes, forgot to take a picture once added


Ingredients...
1 garlic clove, peeled
3 cups spinach leaves, chopped
2 cups fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup walnuts or pine nuts
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 (16 oz) package fresh whole wheat pizza dough - note: I did not use this I made my own Cauliflower Pizza Crust
1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
1-2 medium tomatoes, diced or sliced

Directions...
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Put Garlic in food processor and mince.
3. Add spinach, basil, nuts, and parmesan. Puree.  Slowly add olive oil and scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Add Salt to taste.


4. If using whole wheat pizza dough - on  a floured surface, roll out pizza dough into one large pizza or cut off a few pieces and roll out small individual pizzas.  Spread with about three fourths of the spinach basil pesto and top with mozzarella and tomato.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese has melted and crust is browned.

   If using Cauliflower pizza crust recipe - make crust first and bake. After taking out of oven spread with about three fourths of the spinach basil pesto and top with mozzarella and tomato.
5. Bake for 5 minutes until cheese has melted and crust is browned.



Makes 6 servings



Interested in more clean eating recipes, join my next 30 Day Shakeology and Clean Eating Group. Not only do you receive some incredible recipes, but you also learn how to eat healthier by eating clean.  I provide you and the other members of the group meal plans, tips, guidance, accountability, and a whole lot more.  If you are interested in learning more about these types of groups - CONTACT ME




Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

~Alyson

@alysonhorcher - Instagram
@alysonhorch - Twitter


Post a Comment