Sunday, February 3, 2013

Zucchini Fritters




I love to eat!! If you don't know that by now, well then I am telling you - I love to eat!! Once I find a recipe I like I tend to stick with it because I don't want to be disappointed and I don't want to be left without anything to eat.  I also love to have omelets for breakfast.  Making an omelet every day just is not always the easiest job to do in the morning at my house.  When I saw the recipe for these Zucchini Fritters I thought if they tasted good, they would be a great substitute for my all time love, Omelets!!!! The recipe was also a CLEAN recipe so it would fit into my Clean Eating lifestyle.  

My idea was, I could make these Fritters ahead of time and then just reheat them in the toaster oven.  We go through a lot of eggs in our house.  Again this is another reason why I have been trying to talk my husband into getting chickens but so far he has not agreed to this idea of mine.  

Eggs are an excellent source of protein.  I prefer to have the egg white as opposed to the whole egg.  Whole eggs are high in cholesterol and with all the eggs I eat, I would not be doing a great thing for my body if I ate the whole egg.  


Thankfully the Zucchini Fritter recipe I found was a clean recipe and thank goodness it was a great tasting recipe.  



Zucchini Fritters



Ingredients:
6 egg whites
1/2 cup quick oats
1 small zucchini, grated
Hummus
oil of choice 

Directions:
1. Combine egg whites, oats, and zucchini in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
2. Spray or coat a non-stick pan with a light layer of oil and ladle the pancake type mixture onto the pan as you would a regular pancake.
Note: Watch the heat on these. You may need to keep it closer to medium to allow these to cook longer.  You want the eggs to cook completely without letting the pancake burn. Adjust accordingly.  
3.  Remove fritters from the pan when cooked through and top with a dollop of hummus (guacamole is a suggested topping as well).  

Serves 4




I made the whole batch and then used what I needed for that particular meal and wrapped the rest and used throughout the week.  I am getting ready to make another batch tomorrow for the upcoming week.  Like I said when I find something I like, I tend to stick with it.  

What type of eggs do you like? Do you eat the egg whites or the whole egg? Here is a nice comparison to show the difference in what you get from each:



Are you looking to eat good food but also want it to be healthy food?  
Look no further - check out my other Clean Eating recipes HERE. If this is not enough for you and you want to make a lifestyle change by incorporating Healthy Eating and/or Exercise CONTACT ME Today.  I can help you learn how to eat healthy the clean eating way.  I have support groups that I put together to help provide the extra motivation, support, meal planning, and so much more to keep you going forward!!

MESSAGE ME to learn how to lose weight, gain energy, improve regularity, decrease blood pressure, and oh feel GREAT!!!!  

Whether you like working in a group or one on one, if you are even the slight bit interested, let's talk!!!!  


Wouldn't you rather look in the mirror and be 
PROUD 
of who you see staring back at you?  

  
Get Fit, Get Happier, Get Healthier
We can do it together!!!!
~Alyson



Post a Comment