Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Roasted Squash

So my neighbors have a garden and they were kind enough to share some of their harvest with us.  They brought squash, eggplant, and banana peppers.  The squash was HUGE! Needless to say I had a lot of squash to experiment with and this recipe turned out to be another one of my favorites. 

Roasted Squash

What you will need...
1 large baking tray
Cooking Spray
2 large yellow squash and/or zucchini (I just slice until I have enough to cover the baking tray)
2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 cup Parmesan Cheese

Directions...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray baking tray with cooking spray
Slice your squash, zucchini, or both to cover the baking tray
(recipe calls for 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices however my husband likes them thinner so that is what I do.  I also don't cut in quarters all the time, all different shapes.  Whatever will fit on the tray I do).
Lightly brush the olive oil on one side of vegetables
Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper
Turn the vegetables over and brush the remaining olive oil on the other side
Sprinkle this side with remaining garlic powder and pepper
Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top
Bake for approximately 30 minutes-40 minutes

As you can tell I just do whatever I want with this recipe, I do not always follow the exact measurements (except when it comes to the cheese).  I have experimented with cooking these for less time to have them a bit crunchier or the called for length and have them softer. 


Do you have a favorite squash recipe? If so, please share!

Email me at alysonhorcher@gmail.com or go to my website beachbodycoach.com/alysonh!

Enjoy!
~Alyson
Post a Comment