Monday, July 21, 2014

Meal Planning Mondays...Staying on Track

 Often people ask me why I take the time to meal plan.
I ask them why they don't take the time to meal plan. 

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning mondays, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, weight loss, how to lose weight with meal planning, why meal planning is important, how meal planning helped me lose weight

I know I know, I have been there before at the beginning of wanting to lose weight & wanting to get healthier. I knew I had to change my eating habits. Little did I know though that by planning out my healthy meals in advance would not only keep me on track but save me time and money. Triple BONUS!

However...I fought meal planning for quite some time because I didn't want to take the time to write it out. I had a plan in my head I told myself and my coach. She kept telling me meal planning is key. I yes'd her and went about my business. 
www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning mondays, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, weight loss, how to lose weight with meal planning, why meal planning is important, how meal planning helped me lose weight, plan ahead and stay on track, plan ahead

Well let me tell you when I didn't have that meal plan written on paper in plain sight then for sure I was NOT going to follow it. and I didn't!! I also didn't pre prep anything for the week because again I felt like it was unnecessary!! 

Time went by and I don't know what clicked inside my stubborn head but something did and I began meal planning and from there on there was no going back!! I saw the benefits of meal planning my first week. 

I stayed on track for the most part with eating healthy foods. Where I got into trouble though is when I didn't have food prepped and ready to go. Those times I caught myself either skipping a meal/snack OR choosing an unhealthy option.

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning mondays, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, weight loss, how to lose weight with meal planning, why meal planning is important, how meal planning helped me lose weight, meal plan and meal prep, planning and preparing, putting you as top priority, making time for yourself, your health is important

So what did I do the next week? I meal planned and PREPPED!! 

the rest was History!! 

Need a boost to get yourself moving in the direction of meal planning??
Here are some of my reasons why I do it...

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning mondays, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, weight loss, how to lose weight with meal planning, why meal planning is important, how meal planning helped me lose weight, meal plan and meal prep, planning and preparing, putting you as top priority, making time for yourself, your health is important, benefits of meal planning

Speaking from experience, yes in the beginning it did take some time to put together my plan. Now it takes me no time 10 minutes tops!! The only time I do take a bit longer is when I am searching for new recipes (LOVE new recipes!) and if I am incorporating a new fitness program's Nutrition plan (Like the 21 day Fix or PiYo - both of these programs rock by the way FITNESS & NUTRITION!!)

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning mondays, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, weight loss, how to lose weight with meal planning, why meal planning is important, how meal planning helped me lose weight, meal plan and meal prep, planning and preparing, putting you as top priority, making time for yourself, your health is important, benefits of meal planning, 21 day fix, PiYo, 21 day fix meal planning, 21 day fix eating guide, 21 day fix color coded containers, 21 day fix portion control, portion control, Piyo eating plan, Piyo nutrition, Piyo nutrition guide

Speaking of PiYo I am starting Week 2 of my PiYo journey TODAY!! I do have to say I am loving this program and the nutrition guide is super easy to follow. 

I am a girl who loves food and I am happy to say I have not felt hungry once while following the PiYo plan. I also have a PiYo Health and Fitness group going on right now and they too are reporting in how fulfilled they are!! 

Here is my Week 2 PiYo Meal Plan - check it out and see what you think!!
The information in parentheses are a way for me to track my food groups:
Primary Vegetables (PV)
Secondary Vegetables and Grains (2V)
Fresh Fruit (F)
Lean Protein (P)
Healthy Fats (HF)

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning mondays, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, weight loss, how to lose weight with meal planning, why meal planning is important, how meal planning helped me lose weight, meal plan and meal prep, planning and preparing, putting you as top priority, making time for yourself, your health is important, meal planning with Piyo nutrition guide, Piyo meal plan
Am I perfect each week sticking to what I plan? 
NO but my goal is to follow as close as possible. 

Hey things come up in life!

Like last week my husband and I found ourselves with a night without kids so we went on an impromptu date. Based on all my knowledge now of healthy eating I am able to make better choices even while out to eat!! For the most part I stayed on track (minus the Raspberry Margaritas!)

www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning mondays, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, weight loss, how to lose weight with meal planning, why meal planning is important, how meal planning helped me lose weight, meal plan and meal prep, planning and preparing, putting you as top priority, making time for yourself, your health is important, 21 day fix portion control, portion control, why portion control is so important, 21 day fix portion control containers
When prepping I still use my 21 day Fix color coded portion control containers! These containers make my life easier!! (I told you I was a fan!!)
Meal Planning can be done and I am proof that it helps in so many ways! 

If you are struggling with your nutrition and know you need help - please ASK!! Send me a quick message saying "I need help meal planning!" and I will take it from there.  
www.alysonhorcher.com, meal planning mondays, meal planning, clean eating, healthy eating, weight loss, how to lose weight with meal planning, why meal planning is important, how meal planning helped me lose weight, meal plan and meal prep, planning and preparing, putting you as top priority, making time for yourself, your health is important, you are what you eat

Now is the time to learn how to live a 

FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY LIfe 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson







Post a Comment