Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 1 Review P90x3 Woman's Perspective



Pleasantly surprised by how much I am loving P90x3!! I completed my first week of the program and every day I was challenged. No days did I hate the workout, no days was I left feeling like I didn't get a good workout, no days did I regret my purchase.  I say that is a big WIN!! These are some of the top fears I hear from people as to why they don't want to start something new!! Well guess what you never know until you try right? 

Here is a sneak peak into my 1 week of P90x3:

My Meal Plan












Accelerator



The Warrior
Thumbs up Push Ups - Oh my!!
and then Tony tells you "More Please"
Warrior Squat lunge - tripped over my feet a few times
and just when you though you had burpees down, Tony introduces SUPER burpees!!
Yes, that's right they get a bit of a lift!! 
Abrinome was one of my favorites - felt awesome!!


x3 Yoga
So many moves I loved in this workout. The one I was trying so hard to improve upon was Crow and I was very proud to say I was able to hold this position for a few seconds longer than the first time I tried it!! I really love Plow too, it makes my back feel great! After all the hard work you put into a program I feel x3 Yoga is a nice reward and make for a very well-rounded program.  

CVX
Perfect mix of cardio and strength training and guess what it is all mixed into one in this workout. I liked this workout too because I am not much of a cardio fan but adding in the weights how Tony did it, made it much more likeable.  

(didn't take pictures on this day!)

Isometrix
WOW - I would never have chose a workout like this before but now I know I love this kind of workout. It takes challenge to a whole new level.  Holding some of the poses for 45 seconds was very hard. What I loved about it was it was a whole new way to challenge your body.  One in which I haven't experienced ever before.  I have a feeling this will be a favorite of mine


Agility X
You need tape for this one and tape I did not have but I improvised and made do with some paper.  This workout kept you moving the whole time and that 30 minutes flew by!! Now plyo push ups...that is definitely something I have to work on. 


Looking forward to Week 2 - same workout schedule a few changes in the meal plan and best of all a positive attitude to get me through it all!!



Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson

@alysonhorcher - Instagram
Post a Comment