Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Granola Cookies

I am Always looking for new snacks that are kid friendly.  I can upon this new recipe during one of my many searches for clean eating recipes.  All the ingredients looked good to me and so we gave it a try today. 



Thankful to say another kids tested mom approved recipe 
to add to the good ole recipe box!! 


Granola Cookies

Ingredients...
1/2 cup demerara
3/4 cups applesauce
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup of any of the following: sunflower seeds, walnuts, pecans, raisins, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate chips

Directions...
1. Preheat oven for 350 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together demerara and applesauce
3. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together then stir into the applesauce mixture
4. Stir in remaining ingredients until the batter is just combined
5. Drop small spoonfuls of batter onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet, press down slightly
6. Bake for 10 minutes
7. Allow to cool and then ENJOY!!




Are you interested in healthier eating options or want to do an overhaul on your diet.  Let me know!  Together we can determine what is the best action plan for you.  See I am a Beachbody Coach and I help people reach their health and fitness goals - WHY? because I needed help at one point too and now it is my turn to return the favor!! Whether you want to learn how to eat healthy and/or want to incorporate exercise into your day - I have a solution for you! Join me!!

Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

~Alyson


@alysonhorcher - Instagram

Post a Comment