Monday, July 22, 2013

Beef Stew (stove top or slow cooker)

Yes it is the middle of summer and it is HOT so why oh why am I cooking a stew?  Well I use to love beef stew and so does my husband.  I came across this recipe and figured why not!!  It is cool inside our house so why not have STEW! 

I was not able to do this recipe in the crock pot as I had originally intended.  I instead did it on the stove top and it was fabulous!! Amazing flavor!! Often I hear from people they do not want to eat healthy because they are not interested in eating bland food.  Well I am here to tell you all the food I eat is rich in flavor and this Beef Stew did not disappoint.  




INGREDIENTS...

3-4 cups of beef low-sodium broth (more if you want it more soupy, I like mine soupy)
2 15 oz. cans stewed tomatoes
2 lbs chopped stew meat
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 large sweet potatoes (or regular), cut into bite-size chunks
1 onion, quartered
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Thyme
Sea-Salt to taste


DIRECTIONS...

Stove Top -
1. Cook meat in a large skillet, until brown
2. Meanwhile in a large pot, add beef broth.  Once meat is done add to beef broth. Bring to a boil. 
3. Add stewed tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, and onion. Stir.
4. Add seasonings, stir. 
5. Cook for about 30 minutes or let simmer for a few hours (I did the simmer part, I feel like it gets the flavor through)

Crock Pot -  
Place all ingredients in crockpot, stir, cook on low for 6-8 hrs or until meat and veggies are very tender.
Optional - Add whole wheat pasta, brown rice, or quinoa. Prepare as normal and then spoon stew over top.  
All that is left is to ENJOY!! 

Interested in more clean eating recipes or maybe you want to get on the healthy train? Join my next 30 day Clean Eating and Shakeology challenge group.  This type of group is great for someone who is not yet ready to start incorporating exercise but wants to learn how to eat better....healthier!! I will teach you everything I have learned and more!!  We will talk about what foods to eat and what not to eat, meal plan, incorporate shakeology into your daily regime, daily doses of motivation, recipes, tips, etc.  If you would like more information regarding this group please CONTACT ME and we will discuss what would best fit your needs!!




Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY LIfe 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson



@alysonhorcher - Instagram
@alysonhorch - Twitter
Post a Comment