Monday, June 10, 2013

Turkey Burgers

When I started eating clean I started to also limit my consumption of red meat specifically ground meat.  Well this meant I had to find a new alternative for many of my family's favorite meals one of them being HAMBURGERS!! Who doesn't love hamburgers and when going to picnics you know that is one of the key staples on the menu.  Lots of parties now do hamburgers because they are very easy to make, serve, and  mostly everyone enjoys them.  Thank goodness for a few of my friends who are also clean eaters and so I was introduced to Turkey Burgers. I would normally buy the frozen patties at Costco but I figured it would be best if I can make them fresh.  I searched for an easy recipe and again thanks to a friend I have found this one for Homemade Turkey Burgers.  





Homemade Turkey Burgers


YUM - dinner!!
Homemade grilled Turkey Burgers, carrots, spinach salad, and grilled corn
Ingredients...
1 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
1 egg white
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 cup finely chopped onion

Directions...
1. Mix all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Form 6 patties and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. 
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
5. Build your burger 

Option: You can also cook these delicious burgers on a grill over medium heat.  

These burgers are delicious and I love the option to either cook in the oven or on the grill.  Regular hamburgers I would never attempt to cook in the oven due to all the grease but because the turkey meat you use is so lean there is very little if any grease left behind.  


Looking for more healthy recipe ideas?  See my Eat Clean Recipes or message me and you can be a member of my next 30 day Clean Eating & Shakeology group.  In the group you will learn what it means to eat clean, how to build habit to last a lifetime,  I share recipes, meal plans, tips on healthy eating and how to start incorporating exercise into your daily life.   This type of group is a perfect way to get started whether you already think you eat pretty healthy or you have no idea where to start.  I will personally help you!! 






Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

~Alyson

@alysonhorcher - Instagram
@alysonhorch - Twitter
Post a Comment