Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Homemade Hummus

My latest obsession...Homemade Hummus!!I have always loved hummus but also always bought it at the store.  I would get the large container at Costco and I would use it as a dip, a mix for  my egg salad, toppings for different dishes, and so much  more.  Needless to say I go through a lot of hummus.  When I first received a recipe from a friend for hummus I realized how easy it was to  make, next I realized how much crap the store bought hummus contains, and you know me I like to save money so this was also another way for me to save.  

Here are two recipes I have tried so far:  


Homemade Hummus 
from the Eat Clean Diet for Family & Kids by Tosca Reno

Ingredients
1 19 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinses
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup tahini
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation
1. Place chickpeas in food processor. Puree coarsely
2. Add lemon juice, tahini, cilantro, EVOO, garlic, cumin, sea salt, and pepper. Process. Add more lemon juice if necessary to thin out.

Voila Enjoy - see it is so easy!!!


and another I received from a friend and challenger....

Garbanzo Bean Dip
1 19 oz. can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinses
3 tablespoons tahini
1/4  - 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
water
finely chopped parsley and/or pomegranate seeds for garnish optional

Directions
Place all ingredients except for parsley and olive oil in blender and add enough water to just below the level of the garbanzo beans.  Turn on puree and blend well. If thinner consistency is desired, add more water.  Garnish edge of serving dish with finely chopped parsley. Mound 1 tablespoon of whole garbanzo beans in center with a few leaves of parsley.  Pour small amount of olive oil over top.
This may be  used as an appetizer or as a side dish for a main meal.  

Interested in more clean eating recipes, join my next 30 Day Shakeology and Clean Eating Group. Not only do you receive some incredible recipes, but you also learn how to eat healthier by eating clean.  I provide you and the other members of the group meal plans, tips, guidance, accountability, and a whole lot more.  If you are interested in learning more about these types of groups - CONTACT ME




Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

~Alyson

@alysonhorcher - Instagram
@alysonhorch - Twitter

Post a Comment