Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Seasoned Brussels Sprouts

As I am writing this blog post right now I just learned that Brussels Sprouts has an "s" on the end of Brussel. I always thought it was just  Brussel (notice no "s" on the end)!! Ha, learn something new every day!!

Another realization I recently came to is that I LIKE Brussels Sprouts!  I guess I never really tried them until I was living with my in-laws a few years ago and the way I prepared them well lets just say I could not get over the smell!! They smelled awful and they did not taste all that great!  

Fast forward to a few months ago when I was looking through a list of veggies and I wrote down all those I had not tried or in the past didn't like.  Brussels Sprouts was one of them.  I searched for Clean Eating recipes and I came across this one - Seasoned Brussels Sprouts.  It has been so long that I have had this recipe, I do not even recall where I found it.  


Seasoned Brussels Sprouts




Seasoned Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients...
2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon celery salt







Direction...
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place Brussels Sprouts in a large colander and wash well.  Allow to drip dry for a few minutes
3.  While the Brussels Sprouts are still in the colander, pour your olive oil and spices over them.  Swish around in the colander until the Brussels sprouts are well coated.
4.  Place Brussels Sprouts on a parchment lines cookie sheet.  Cover loosely with foil, and place in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until you can easily pierce the Brussels Sprouts with a fork.  

Eat and Enjoy!!!!

Makes 2 pounds
Serving size = 1/4 of the recipe

Interested in more Healthy & Clean Eating Recipes? 
Need ideas how to get started eating healthy?  


I will be starting a 30 Day Shakeology and Clean Eating Group soon, March 4th to be exact.  I will help educate you about the principles or clean eating, how to grocery shop for healthy foods while staying on budget, how to incorporate Shakeology into your daily menu, share healthy recipes, and so much more.


  

If you are interested in being a member of this group, please MESSAGE ME to hold you a spot in the group.  Space is limited as I like to keep my groups small so it is a more personal setting.  Any questions please feel free to ask or leave a comment below.  


Now is the time to learn how to 
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and we will do it 
Together!!!!
~Alyson



@alysonhorcher - on Instagram
@alysonhorch - on Twitter



Post a Comment