Monday, February 11, 2013

Clean Eating Tacos

Mmmm, I love me some Mexican Food - although I cannot come near to the authenticity that I experienced while living in Southern California.  At least I can find recipes that are better for me healthy wise and still taste yummy!!  Bring on Clean Eating Tacos!! 

Tacos have always been a family favorite because we all love to build our own.  The kids get to be independent at dinner time and we all get to eat yummy food.  Prior to this new recipe I found I had always used ground meat.  Since learning about clean eating I have now used Ground Turkey in place of everything that use to call for ground meat.  This Clean Eating Taco recipe is one of them.

Clean Eating Tacos




Ingredients for Toppings:
Shredded Lettuce
Diced Tomatoes
Diced Onion
Low Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
Clean Guacamole
Clean Salsa

Ingredients for taco meat Sauce:
1 can tomato sauce (nothing added, just tomatoes)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 red onion chopped
1 tablespoon paprika

Ingredients for Meat Mixture:
1 pound low fat ground turkey
1 teaspoon olive oil

Directions...
1. Cook your meat in a non-stick pan using olive oil or if you really want to do away with the fat use a bit of chicken broth.
2.  Stir in your Taco Meat Sauce ingredients.
3.  While meat cooks, prepare your toppings.
4.  Stuff your shells or tortillas and SERVE!!


Need ideas on how to or what to eat that is healthy? 
New to eating clean and want to learn more?
MESSAGE ME and together we will create a plan to get your started right!!

~Alyson
Living a fit, healthy, and happy life together





Post a Comment