Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Yum, Tonight we tried a new Sweet Potato recipe!  Thankfully my family is always willing (some more than others) to try my new creations.  I have been trying to incorporate Sweet Potatoes into our menu well because they are just so much better for you than regular potatoes. It is the perfect complex carb to add to any meal!

Here is one we will be adding to the recipe box:

MASHED SWEET POTATOES

(picture to follow, having problems with sending pictures on my phone)

Ingredients...
1 sweet potato
1 tablespoon olive oil
pinch of sea salt
pinch of black pepper

Directions...
1.Wash your sweet potato and cut into chunks. You can either leave the skins on or peel them, personally I peeled them.
2. Cover the chunks with water and bring to a boil on the stove top.
3. Boil for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Drain the sweet potato chunks and place them pack into the pot.
5. Add olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
6. Mash up with fork, and then mix with a hand-held blender until smooth
7. If you feel your potatoes are dry, add a splash of water until they are at your preferred consistency.

Yield: Serves 2
Enjoy!!

I used a few sweet potatoes tonight as I was feeding my entire family.  I also like to have extra so we can reheat in the oven later in the week for leftovers.  I just simply added the ingredients for the number of potatoes I used.  Simple, quick, and delicious - Perfect!!

Need help eating healthier, want more recipes, need someone to keep you on track - message me and I can help you build your very own meal plan and get you on started right!!



We will always find an excuse not to get started, I say NO MORE EXCUSES!!!! It is hot on your mind, so do it, message me NOW!!!!

Here's to healthier, happier, more fit, more fabulous lives!!!!
~Alyson
alysonhorcher@gmail.com
beachbodycoach.com/alysonh
Post a Comment