Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Chicken Quesadilla

Who doesn't love Chicken Quesadillas?!?!  This recipe has been cleaned up a bit and has now been added to my recipe box.  I found this recipe in the ChaLean Extreme Fat Burning Food guide (as you know I love this book!).  I use this recipe a lot for lunch time because it can be prepared in advance and it is quick to throw together.  I have also eaten it on the run. Nutritious and easy - PERFECT!!!!

Chicken Quesadilla
 Ingredients...
4 4 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 6 inch whole wheat low carb tortillas
2 tomatoes, diced (divided into 4 portions of 1/2 cup each)
lettuce leaves, shredded
1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded (divided into 4 portions of 1/4 cup each)
1 cup salsa (divided into 4 portions of 1/4 cup each)
1 packet taco seasoning
Cilantro to taste

Directions...

  1. Season Chicken with taco seasoning and grill or broil on both sides until cooked through (I personally baked mine at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes)
  2. Cut chicken into strips and pile the chicken, tomatoes, salsa, cheese onto each tortilla and wrap
  3. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired
Note: I will sometimes leave out the tortilla and make this a Chicken Quesadilla Salad - another YUM in my book!! Enjoy!!

Interested in learning how to eat clean, lose weight, and become healthy?  Contact me NOW!!!! Don't waste time thinking maybe you should or shouldn't...YOUR HEALTH MATTERS!!!!


Post a Comment