Friday, September 14, 2012

Apple Pie Smoothie

Always a good idea to have a few smoothie recipes handy for those hiccups life sometimes throws at us.  A smoothie can be made very quickly, taste great, and give you all the nutrition you need for that particular meal. 

I tried yet another new smoothie recipe this week and I usually like my smoothies cold but this one tastes great warm! The first time I tried it I had it cold and it was good and then the second time I had it I tried it warmed up a bit and MMMmmm good....Apple Pie Smoothie was delicious.  Now, nothing will ever compare to my Grandmother's homemade apple pie but nonetheless I will take this for a quick meal any day!

Apple Pie Smoothie

Ingredients...

1 apple
1 medium banana
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup large flake oats
2 teaspoon cinnamon or apple pie spice
1 cup ice (I omitted this the second time I made it)
2 tablespoons ground flax seed (optional)

Directions
  1. Chop apple and banana into small pieces, keep skin on apple
  2. Add all ingredients to a blender and mix
Servings 2 to 3
Approximately 182 calories/serving

Enjoy!
~Alyson
alysonhorcher@gmail.com
beachbodycoach.com/alysonh
myshakeology.com/alysonh
Post a Comment