Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy 8th Anniversary

Eight years ago today, August 21, 2004, I said "I Do" to the love of my life! Leo and I became one, we were now officially husband and wife.

I remember the day like it was yesterday...
By this time eight years ago I was already at the church waiting for our 2 o'clock ceremony to begin.  I was beside myself with excitement.  We had been planning for this day since April of the previous year! 

As my bridal party, my mother, and I were sitting at the hotel getting ready and having pictures taken the sky turned a deep dark gray.  We decided we should probably get to the church just a little earlier than we originally decided just in case it started to rain.  We piled into the limo and off we went to the church and as we were driving the sky looked like it was going to open up and swallow us whole! Luckily it didn't and we got to the church just in time.  No sooner did they get me into the church and it started pouring! I was so worried about my future husband, our family, and all our relatives and friends who would be joining us for our celebration.  My poor future father-in-law got stuck in the rain and his nice clean, pressed tux had to be thrown in the dryer back at his house because he got soaked (thankfully he only lived a few minutes away from the church)! God answered my prayers and all our family, relatives, and friends arrived safe and sound! 

The celebration began! My two older brothers walked me down the aisle and there waiting for me was my Leo! I still could not believe this day was finally here!

The ceremony was beautiful and more importantly, Leo and I were married! 



The past eight years have been full of ups and downs, laughter and tears, and all that matters is I have my Leo! We were lucky enough to have found each other and everything else has been a bonus!

We have been blessed with two wonderful, happy and healthy children! We have been blessed with a beautiful home that has the bones of exactly what we dreamed of! We have been blessed with a wonderful life!

I am thankful today and everyday for the life God has chosen for me!  I could not have imagined my life without these three people who are MY family and who are my everything!
Post a Comment