Sunday, August 19, 2012

GoodBye Chalean Extreme, Hello Power 90...

GoodBye Chalean Extreme, Hello Power 90...

Today, I started a new exercise program, Tony Horton's Power 90!

I wanted to change things up a bit and try a program by another person in the BeachBody family.  I have heard about incredible results from other Tony Horton workouts and so I decided it was time to move on from Chalene Johnson. 

Most people I know have used P90X to get introduced to Tony however after reviewing P90X and the other programs in Tony's library I decided upon Power 90 based on the time commitment.  I love the idea of 30-40 minute workouts.  Occasionally I have more time but most days this is what I can fit in an be sure to get it DONE! 

I never EVER thought I would be so dedicated to a fitness program or fitness family in my life.  Well...I am! BeachBody has helped me find me again and I will forever be grateful!  The BeachBody family cares about taking care of the inside and what happens on the outside is a bonus...a big bonus.

Anyone who knows me well, knows I have never really been a fitness fanatic.  Occasionally I would try a tape or two but never stuck to anything.  To this day I have not stepped foot in a gym.  Luckily I was blessed with a small frame and a high metabolism.  I could eat what I wanted when I wanted.  My weight was always low however I developed very unhealthy habits.  Some people might say this is not a problem at all especially with our society so fixated on our looks and everyone wanting to be thin.  I would however have to disagree.  I did not realize I had unhealthy habits and unfortunately this led to other problems later in life.  I often had dizzy spells, constant hunger, low energy, when I was pregnant I had issues with my glucose levels and this along with my family history has put me at higher risk of developing diabetes later in life.

Once I started learning about cleaner eating habits my life drastically changed! All of my issues before were now gone.  I still have to be tested every now and then for my sugar levels but so far so good.  The levels have been spot on!  I am also spot on with my blood pressure and cholesterol levels too! 

I thank the Chalean Extreme program for helping me reach my first set of goals and now I say hello to Power 90 and a new set of goals. 

My starting measurements
Day 1
Sunday, August 19, 2012   

Chest 28.5in
Right Arm 9in
Left Arm 8.5in
Waist 26in
Hips 30in
Right Thigh 16.5in
Left Thigh 17in
Weight 98lbs
Body Fat 4.5%

If you are interested in learning more about me, Power 90, or ready to make a change in your life email me at alysonhorcher@gmail.com or visit me at teambeachbody.com/alysonh where you can create your free profile and get connected to the my favorite fitness family - BeachBody! 

~Alyson
alysonhorcher@gmail.com
teambeachbody.com/alysonh
shakeology.com/alysonh


 
Post a Comment