Sunday, February 2, 2014

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

Anyone's kids like chicken nuggets?

My kids have always loved chicken nuggets but finding a homemade recipe they liked was tough. This one is super simple and they seriously cheered when they sat down for dinner tonight!




Ingredients...
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup whole wheat flour
coconut oil

Directions...
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees 
2. Cut your chicken into bite sized pieces or strips depending on what you prefer. 
3. Put your flour in a sealable plastic bag and then add chicken pieces and shake until chicken is covered in flour.
4. Heat coconut oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. 
I had a very thin layer of oil. 
4. Once oil is hot, place chicken in skillet and brown chicken pieces in oil (all sides) and then transfer to baking sheet
5. Bake in oven for approximately 10 minutes.
(Note: you can also skip the baking step and continue cooking the chicken pieces in the oil until baked through). 

Voila your chicken nuggets are now ready to eat!! 

I usually have to make extra because the one batch is devoured within minutes!! 

If you are interested in more healthy recipes or maybe even learning how to eat healthy CONTACT ME and I can help you get started. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.


Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

Post a Comment