Saturday, January 25, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Whether you are a clean eater or not, I have a recipe for you that you and your family will love!! I made this recipe today and it was a huge success for my entire family.  You know I love the recipes that are kid tested, mother approved!! Keeping my family healthy and happy are at the utmost importance to me!! 

What is also important to me is answering the questions I get from my challengers.  Lately I have been hearing a lot of questions regarding healthy snacks and snacks that will satisfy a sweet craving.  My #1 answer to this question is SHAKEOLOGY because it can be a snack and it totally satisfies my sweet cravings (plus I have less and less sweet cravings when I do drink Shakeology).  
But if you need something else then here you go. This snack is also great to wrap up individually and use for on the go! Delicious, convenient, and clean - now that's my kind of snack!! 

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars





Ingredients...
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I bet coconut oil would be amazing in these!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup demerara, turbinado, or sucanant sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Directions...
1. Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray a 9x13 pan
2. Mix the peanut butter, honey, egg, oil, and vanilla extract until well blended
3. In a separate bowl combine oats, sugar, salt, and chocolate chips. Add this to the peanut butter mixture and mix until combined.
4. Press mixture into the 9x13 pan
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Let the bars cool completely before cutting.
Makes ~15 bars

Last but not least - ENJOY!! 

Be sure to tell me your thoughts on this recipe and of course if you have any of your own clean eating snacks you would share, please share away!! This recipe came from a friend who had shared it with me and I am oh so glad she did!!

If you are interested in more healthy recipes or maybe even learning how to eat healthy CONTACT ME and I can help you get started. I know for me the biggest part of learning how to eat healthy was to have support to help me have the strength to say NO MORE to the bad junk food that use to fill my house!! After that it was all about learning how to change some of my eating habits and from their healthy habits were formed.

Now is the time to learn how to
Live a Fit, Happy, and Healthy life
and WE will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!
~Alyson


@alysonhorcher - Instagram
Post a Comment