Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes

It is Thanksgiving Eve and my kitchen in buzzing. I am preparing as much as I can tonight for the big day tomorrow. I do however get off easy because I am a guest at my sister's house BUT I still plan on bringing a few dishes. This year I am trying out a few new ones and very excited to see how they all turn out. They sounds amazing and the recipes are easy enough so tomorrow will be the big day!!
Lucky for me I have a great healthy support system at good ole Beachbody.  The head chef at Beachbody kitchens created a meal for the most delicious and nutritious Thanksgiving meal.  What they also did was create this calorie comparison to show traditional recipe vs. the beachbody healthy recipe.  Now not saying it is all about calories because if you know me I no longer count calories BUT I am very conscious of the food and drink I consume.  I now look at the ingredients in food, my portion sizes (man I use to be WAY off), and eat the foods that will fuel my body best.   
Thanksgiving Recipes – Calorie Comparison
Traditional Recipes vs. Healthy Beachbody Recipes
Traditional RecipeCalories per ServingBeachbody RecipeCalories per Serving
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup and Curry222Curried Butternut Squash Soup113
Roasted Beet, Arugula, and Blue Cheese Salad263Beet, Fennel, and Walnut Salad124
Perfect Roast Turkey322Herb Roasted Turkey219
Herb and Apple Stuffing304Quinoa Stuffing156
Creamy Mashed Potatoes207Heather's Roasted Cauliflower Mash46
Succotash266Succotash192
Green Bean Casserole185Green Beans with Lemon and Thyme42
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon196Glazed Yams with Cinnamon and Nutmeg138
Homemade Gravy49Vegan Gravy42
Cranberry Sauce119Spiced Cranberry Sauce46
Pumpkin Pie340Pumpkin-Coconut Custards 
or Creamy Pumpkin Pie
153
203
Red Wine Poached Pears with Mascarpone Filling464Red Wine Poached Pears with Mascarpone169
So there you have it, you can have a Thanksgiving Feast that is satisfying yet Healthy too!!
If you are interested in any of the recipes mentioned here, please comment below or CONTACT ME and I will get them for you. 
Have a very Healthy and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Now is the time to learn how to live a 
FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 
and we will do it 
TOGETHER!!!!

~Alyson



@alysonhorcher - Instagram


Post a Comment