Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Crustless Spinach Quiche

Now that the chickens are laying eggs I am looking high and low for recipes that incorporate eggs!  I never really had much quiche growing up so this is something new to me.  This particular recipe intrigued me because of the addition of spinach.  I love spinach!! 



 Crustless Spinach Quiche

Ingredients...
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 link Italian Chicken sausage
12 egg whites
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained VERY WELL or 1-2 cups fresh spinach 
salt and pepper to taste

Directions...
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large skillet heat olive oil, onion, and garlic.  saute until lightly browned
3. Cut sausage into small cubes and set aside
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg whites
5. Add cheese, sausage, spinach, sauteed onion and garlic and salt and pepper
6. Lightly spray a 9 inch glass pie dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour mixture into it. 
7. Place dish in oven and bake 40-45 minutes until center is no longer liquid.
Makes 4 servings

If you use frozen spinach your cooking time may take longer, I know mine did so that is why I started using the fresh spinach.  

You can have this recipe for dinner or breakfast. I am stuck on it for dinner but then we have the leftovers for breakfast (well usually my husband does, he loves it!!) 
  
If you try this recipe I would love to know your thoughts. Also if you have any clean eating recipes to share, please do so. I am always looking for new ones to try!!!!

Interested in more clean eating recipes or maybe you want to get on the healthy train? Join my next 30 day Clean Eating and Shakeology challenge group. This type of group is great for someone who is not yet ready to start incorporating exercise but wants to learn how to eat better....healthier!! I will teach you everything I have learned and more!! We will talk about what foods to eat and what not to eat, meal plan, incorporate shakeology into your daily regime, daily doses of motivation, recipes, tips, etc. If you would like more information regarding this group please CONTACT ME and we will discuss what would best fit your needs!!

Now is the time to learn how to live a 

FIT, HAPPY, and HEALTHY Life 

and we will do it 

TOGETHER!!!!

~Alyson












Post a Comment